Hi all - new guy here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by crackitopen, Feb 4, 2012.

  1. crackitopen

    crackitopen Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    60
    Location:
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Tablet / Device:
    LePan TC970 CM7, Craig CMP738B, SkyPad Alpha SX-SP700A, Nextbook 7 Premium
    Hi everyone & thanks for welcoming me to your forums.

    I have a technical background, and I'm into hacking gadgets. This kind of describes me. I don't have a tablet yet, but actually I just bought one on eBay about an hour ago. It's bricked - "freezing on startup screen". So of course I'll have to figure out how to get it working again. I'm guessing 90% chance of software issues, maybe 10% chance it's a hardware issue. Buying a unit that is already bricked will leave me no choice but to hack it. If I bought a new one, I might be hesitant to hack it.

    I should get this unit about mid-week, and obviously the first goal is just to get it working again, then get some customizations going.

    Once I get it in my hands - BTW it's a Coby Mid7016-4G - I'll let you know how it goes in further posts.

    Hope also that down the road I can contribute a little wisdom back to the forum.
     
  2. Spider

    Spider Administrator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    15,413
    Likes Received:
    1,784
    Trophy Points:
    1,000
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new brick.:eek: Never thought I'd be saying that, but it does make sense when I think about it. If you're going to hack it anyway, you might as well get a good price on it. The Coby was a good choice since we've got a very good support community for those tablets and you'll probably be able to get some help if you need it. I've got a feeling it won't be too long before you'll be able to contribute a little wisdom back to the forum. Have fun and enjoy the forum.:cool:
     
  3. geckoT2C

    geckoT2C Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2012
    Messages:
    317
    Likes Received:
    19
    Trophy Points:
    87
    Location:
    Uberbest
    Welcome to the forum man. I've never seen anyone buy "brocken" tablets to hack them and that's probably the cleverest thing i've heard today!
     
  4. SpeMall.com

    SpeMall.com Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2011
    Messages:
    2,416
    Likes Received:
    103
    Trophy Points:
    162
    Hi crackitopen, welcome to the forum! Glad you're here, hope you can get what you want. Enjoy!:)
     

Share This Page