Hi and question

Martha5762

Jul 15, 2011
Hi, everyone,

I'm a longtime android fan, though not a hard-core techie. I have a first generation iPad and recently tried the iPhone 4S and, while there were things about the phone that were great (loved Siri), decided pretty quickly that I missed my android phone and passed the iPhone over to one of my kids. I'm ready to upgrade my tablet, so my big question is: iPad3 or Asus Transformer Prime?

I want badly to like the Prime, but in playing with the iPad2 an the Prime in stores, I'm really put off by the Prime's slow web performance. YouTube videos load slowly, searches are slow, etc The iPad2, on the other hand, just zips along.

I tried the Samsung Galaxy a while back and felt disappointed in that one, too (in that case, I actually bought it and played with it at home).

So, am I missing something?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Hi welcome, it sounds to me that you are more an Apple fan than an Android fan....the best for you is to upgrade to the newest i pad.....why force yourself to like something you don't? !:)

Samsung Galaxy Note

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Martha, welcome to the forum. You've been a member for almost 9 months now and probably have a pretty good idea which Android tablets you're most interested in. If you're not comfortable with any of them, then IDK is probably right and you should go with the iPad. That said, I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Discussions section for you. More people are likely to join the discussion there and we'll see what they have to say. Either way, you'll still be welcome here at Android tablets. Enjoy the forum!

Martha5762

Jul 15, 2011
Here's the thing - as I said in my original post, I have an iPad, but that is my only apple product and I have issues with its limitations. What I really want is an android tablet that has the responsiveness of an iPad. I love android's flexibility and I use Google email and apps for work, so android makes sense for me. I was really hoping that the Transformer Prime would be the answer, but when I tested it against the iPad2 in the store, I was underwhelmed by the responsiveness of the internet. Is it possible that, by buying one and doing all of the upgrades, the Transformer's performance will improve?