Hi bought my first honeycomb tablet. It's a Asus 10inch

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys my first tablet. Here some pic and there is a flaw I bought it used for 300 dollars.

Attachments

• $100_7583_800x600.jpg
    $100_7583_800x600.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 676
  • $100_7610_800x600.jpg
    $100_7610_800x600.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
You welcome. It's in good shape it just has only one flaw. But why is that when I add more app it slow down the tablet? Just as Windows.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Is that an Asus transformer, and how much storage capacity???? Sounds like a good deal depending on storage capacity.

americandane

Oct 27, 2011
You welcome. It's in good shape it just has only one flaw. But why is that when I add more app it slow down the tablet? Just as Windows.

I own 6 tablets (all android) and love them for what they do, but we really need to not make these PC/windows comparisons. Our tablets are running on an OS which is designed to be miniscule and provides very limited functionality and, frankly, doesn't work with hardly anything other than the most standard of peripherals. Windows is a full blown OS with the kind of power, flexibility, capability and expansiveness which will never be the domain of a low power consumption portable device.

The tablet is a toaster.
The netbook is a toaster oven.
The laptop is a stove.
The desktop is a range with convection oven and microwave.

I love the android OS and the tablets (especially is the netflix/hulu schema gets more universal) but they aren't in the same league as a windows PC. I think we also need to not try to make our tablets into netbooks - because if that's the kind of functionality you want, then buy one because they are cheaper and offer better value if you want what they can do.

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
I own 6 tablets (all android) and love them for what they do, but we really need to not make these PC/windows comparisons. Our tablets are running on an OS which is designed to be miniscule and provides very limited functionality and, frankly, doesn't work with hardly anything other than the most standard of peripherals. Windows is a full blown OS with the kind of power, flexibility, capability and expansiveness which will never be the domain of a low power consumption portable device.

The tablet is a toaster.
The laptop is a stove.

I love the android OS and the tablets (especially is the netflix/hulu schema gets more universal) but they aren't in the same league as a windows PC. I think we also need to not try to make our tablets into netbooks - because if that's the kind of functionality you want, then buy one because they are cheaper and offer better value if you want what they can do.

You're right but the transformer is like a netbook. :) With dock turns into a netbook.

Yaker

Oct 16, 2011

The tablet is a toaster.
The laptop is a stove.

Which ones do you own, what versions are they running and how would you rate them?

miked

Jul 31, 2011
Today many of us cannot be without a PC. As much as like my Transformer and Ideos S-7, there are many things that require a PC. For example scanning, printing, syncing my GPS, camera, just to name a few. I'd like to simplify things with fewer gadgets, cables, adapters, hardware, software, but we are not there yet.

richard_no1

Aug 23, 2011
Today many of us cannot be without a PC. As much as like my Transformer and Ideos S-7, there are many things that require a PC. For example scanning, printing, syncing my GPS, camera, just to name a few. I'd like to simplify things with fewer gadgets, cables, adapters, hardware, software, but we are not there yet.

I agree the Transformer won't do everything a PC can but re. your list, I scan documents to pdf with, print from it and copy pictures from my camera to it, so it's getting there. But I have to admit I've not yet stopped taking my laptop on the road on business trips!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011

Well I will never stop using a desktop. A desktop can be fully customize and does it all. My transformer is replacement of my laptops. Small, light, and if I wanna play some real games I use my desktop for that. If I wanna do a report maybe I'll do it on my transformer but I have my desktop for that. I'll face it on laptops I wasn't doing much on it but using it because I can take it anywhere and tether by my phone and keep up with facebook, research, chatting and always did main things on my desktop. SO my transformer for me is replacement for the laptop. I'm going Fresno State University. I'm happy using my tablet in school and campus. I can still access to my servers, desktop and other computers with remote access app. But for portable tablet fits in me. I'm pretty happy. I was going to get a acer tablet but I'm happy with my tablet so I'll use the money and get my self a gaming card for my desktop. On this we can watch youtube, listen to mp3 and many more I believe people would replace their laptop with this. Beside we don't use laptop as main computer. But does that does their desktop isn't good enough. LOL

Last edited:

rcjames

Oct 31, 2011
Guys mine is for sale for 300 dollars. But that doesn't include paypal and shipping. Total storage space is 32gb. Comes with profolio case. I want to get the new asus prime.

Tazzie

Jan 4, 2012
Guys mine is for sale for 300 dollars. But that doesn't include paypal and shipping. Total storage space is 32gb. Comes with profolio case. I want to get the new asus prime.

Hi, are you still selling it for 300? !! Is it used or new?