Hi, Debating between Nexus 7, Memo pad HD7 and Nexus 7 HD (?)

Which Tablet?

• Google Nexus 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Google Nexus 7 HD" (Successor)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mistermin88

Jul 2, 2013
Hey all I'm new to the community here :p, and am finally planning on breaking into the tablet market. I have an android smartphone currently but am a bit behind in the droid world and know very little about the tablet market. I am very tech savvy and have done some research, but id like some pro tips :D

So, do i get a Nexus 7, wait for the Asus Memo pad (next month i think), or wait until the "Nexus 7 HD" is announced?

Thanks all!

PS: My budget is $200 or less

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The two big things to consider:

Screen Resolution and MicroSD slot.

Most of these tablets are 16 GB in size. If you plan on putting many games, movies and music on your tablet, 16 GB goes quick (after format and OS install it is more like 12.5-13.5 GB.) The MeMO 7 HD can handle a 64 GB microSD slot for movies, music, media (apps do not natively move in settings and it is a pain to move them manually). You can use an OTG cable and the Nexus Media Importer app with the Nexus 7 (and presumable new version) but you cannot put media on the external media, only copy from there to your tablet. Delete files to make room and import new stuff.

The Nexus 7 and the MeMO 7 HD are 1280 x 800 pixel displays. This can play 720p movies/videos at their native resolution. I can say that I think 720p on a 10" tablet is fine. 1080p is a touch better, but not enough for me to run out and upgrade my 2 year old TF101 to a newer Full HD tablet. If you want Full HD (1080p) then by all means wait for the Nexus 7 HD. It is rumored for July.

Another school of thought - if you do not care for Full HD or microSD, why not wait until the Nexus 7 HD is released and you should be able to score a 32 GB Nexus 7 (1st gen) for $150 or less I would think.

Mistermin88

Jul 2, 2013
yeah i think i am feeling the need to just be patient haha. Thanks for your detailed response :)

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hey all I'm new to the community here :p, and am finally planning on breaking into the tablet market. I have an android smartphone currently but am a bit behind in the droid world and know very little about the tablet market. I am very tech savvy and have done some research, but id like some pro tips :D

So, do i get a Nexus 7, wait for the Asus Memo pad (next month i think), or wait until the "Nexus 7 HD" is announced?

Thanks all!

PS: My budget is $200 or less

Hi Mistermin88. Welcome to the Forum. Guess what. You may not have to wait that long to purchase your first tablet. The new Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 tablet was launched yesterday at a suggested retail price of $149. Check out my post earlier today on the Asus MeMO Pad Forum.

Ed