Hi, Eh!

HaggisHunter

Jul 15, 2012
Hello all!

Don't yet have a tablet - still trying to decide, altho' have almost eliminated Windows tablets. (iPad did NOT make the shortlist!)

Started in computers way back in 1965 - and yes they did have computers back then, the power in one of those computers took up as much space as 4 truckloads of today's tablets (including the semi's) and it took 3 days of rewiring to change the application!

I consider myself fairly competent with PCs but I really need advice on tablets. I'm pretty sure I'm going with either Asus or Acer - but which one and which model? I mostly use email (Hotmail and Gmail), online shopping and banking, Netflix in Canada, Hulu in US and some streaming TV from UK and Australia - so can I use a VPN service such as my HMA account?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Jim

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Jim, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. Once you're comfortable with that, the best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. Good luck finding that perfect tablet for you.:)