Hi Everyone in AndroidTablets!

mangkepweng

Aug 7, 2011
Kia Ora (Hello) everyone from New Zealand! Just got in and boy there's heaps of member in this forum. Excellent!

Just got myself a (not so new) ZT-180 with keyboard the other day. Nothing fancy. Just your good 'ol 256mb RAM, 2GB NAND Flash. Good for checking emails and for the little bub to use.

Anyway, I'm wanting to purchase some accessories for it like:
1) Car charger
2) Car Windshield Mount
3) Car Headrest Mount and,
4) MicroSD card

I stumbled upon this site, McBub.com Can anyone tell me if this is a reputable site or has anyone purchased stuff off from this site? I read in some forums that they're a bit dodgy.

Or, do you know of any other place I can go to to buy similar stuff?

Appreciate your responses people :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello mangkepweng, welcome to the forum. Most of the things you'll be interested in will probably be found in the Zenithink Tablets section of the forum. According to Web Of Trust, McBub has a poor reputation.

mrorpheus

Sep 29, 2011
Hey - I took the plunge and bought my first ever tablet from Mcbub -
http://www.mcbub.com/item/JY-8006-8...ra-GPS-1080P-HDMI-WiFi-MID--CN104611--138076/Which had great specs price-point, usually I am super suspicious of these Chinese whole-sellers but it seemed legit and there was a PayPal so I thought I would have some protection.

There was about a 5 day not in stock delay that was not at all clear when I ordered but they replied very quickly to my question about it and said it would be available soon, in a matter of days. But my alarm bells were ringing so on friday I tried to cancel only to find it had shipped on Thursday! - the shipping was seriously quick, 3 working days! I saw the tracking info Thursday/Friday from Shanghai to Hong-Kong, Saturday to USA and from CINCINNATI to NY, then Monday delivered, seriously fast and free shipping wow, really amazed better than Amazon! - DHL.

So I'm on here cos I wanna find out more about this tablet and actually cos I'm a bit paranoid about the manufacturer stealing my info, login etc, so I have been doing searches and have no idea how secure android is via a manufacturer...I guess I should just be brave.

Btw this tablet seems to be and do everything it say, although only had it a day and very little play time.

I also got the case keyboard combo -
http://www.mcbub.com/item/8---leath...e-iMX515--Cortex-A8-with-stylus-black-133830/
Which came with a big usb that needs a big to sml usb adaptor which is bulky, but the keyboard seems nicely made, really wish they fitted it with a sml usb connector...
Oh in the pictures it seems to show a sml usb! damn and the little lights don't work, perhaps I will return just the case!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Nice to have you here with us at Android Tablets..

mrorpheus

Sep 29, 2011
Thanks! Bad news with the McBub - The tablet was looking good but had a number of major bugs, like the Market place crashing, and the cell transmitter take up 75% of the battery even though the 3G was not enabled and not even supposed to be on this device, plus a few more including a screen fault - so I'm requesting a refund and return of the product which so far is proving very frustrating as they keep going around in circles, and repeating questions. If they do it again I will have to put in a paypal dispute.

Will keep you updated.

So far my recommendation has completely changed to Nay don't do Mcbub, and I am feeling that Chinese products in general are pretty bad quality, service and return, probably my last attempt at ordering something from that country!

Does anyone have any paypal dispute advice!?

woody50

Oct 8, 2011
Hi Kia Ora, welcome here on the forum. I just joined myself, living in Holland. I just bought a ZT-280, and trying to get it set up, especially networking. Don't have any experience with Android, well with many other operating systems (System Engineer).
Going to go to the Zenithink part of the forum also. Have fun.