Hi From Virginia

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
Does anybody know how long does it take to fully charge the battery,and does the LED light switch to green from red when the battery is full?

Is there a way to close the apps? I couldn't find a button to click to close the apps, & it's gradually draining my memmory :confused:

PS,
By the way, I'm from CA.

Last edited:

Eckhart

Jul 24, 2010
You'll have to get a soft to close apps, I reccomend "Advanced Task Manager". It have a widget which closes all the apps runing by just one click.

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
mattgsx,

Been playing with my tablet now for a couple of days. Here are my observations:

1. Once syncing your Google account etc, and then turning auto-sync off, the performance of the tablet is much better.
2. I too have the Market 'stalled' download problem. Some combination of clearing the 'Google Apps/Market' cache from 'Manage Applications' gets it working again for a short while, then it breaks again. This is a BIG problem that has been going on for nearly 18 months now with Google, and its still not fixed. From the looks of it, its NOT the tablets problem, as lots of other android users have the same issue:

Download issues: stalled at "Starting download" - Android Market Help

3. Takes about 4 hours to charge from min to max battery. I've had about 3 hours out of a charge with general surfing/ponsing. The Red LED should turn green once charged.

4. If you are coming from a capacitive screen (i.e. HTC Hero like me), it takes a bit of getting used to pressing harder on the tablet. However, once you do get used to it, the screen is very usable.

5. I would assume leaving it plugged in is OK - hopefully the charging circuit in the device turning the LED green means the battery is no longer being charged! The device does get pretty warm when being used....

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Yes, yes it does.

The LED does, in fact, turn green when fully charged. If you have it charging AND are running the device, the device stops taking a full current and just runs off the charged battery. However, I don't know what (if anything) that does to battery life, as the device is constantly "topping off" the charge in intervals.

I don't know if anyone else is having the problem where, when Marketplace is properly synced, the device tries running a bunch of random Marketplace downloads? It seems that, rather than bundle all the software promised, they have the device set to try to download it whenever cxn is available. That is what kills the Marketplace for me, as it's attempted downloads from an un-authenticated Google account. Not sure where this is or how to kill it; I'll try to get a task manager running.

I have nothing auto-syncing. I just use my browser for gMail, and I downloaded maildroid from SlideME for my other pop3 accounts. You can also turn off auto-sync and, using the power monitor widget, turn on/off background data, which is nice, as that way background data is only on when you need it. Performance is actually comprable to my Latitude Dxxx, as that has horrible video rendering and resource allocation capabilities.

I've also become addicted to Quest!: Swords and Spells. Definitely recommend it for any Rogue/oldskool RPG fans.

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
What will happen if I do the factory data reset? Am I risking losing the OS (v1.6) & won't be able to reboot the OS ever again? I turned on apad, all the icons had disappeared, except the google map. I don't know what had happend. By doing a factory data reset, could it restore apad back to where it was?

I tried to download some apps from Android Market, but it was unsuccessful. I saw 3 downward arrows right next to the home icon. ARe those arrows indicating downloads are in progress? Apad rebooted by itself everytime I used the apad.

By the way, the red LED of my apad turns off when the battery is full. There's no green LED.

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
I don't know if anyone else is having the problem where, when Marketplace is properly synced, the device tries running a bunch of random Marketplace downloads?

Yes I get this as well - I reakon this is what is killing the MarketPlace on the device. I read something about google having some security rules at the server about locking the account temporarily if too many unsuccessful logins were done in quick succession. Maybe this is what is going on?

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
I haven't yet talked to Euogo support about this, but I think the string of marketplace attempted downloads are the software that Euogo claims the device ships with. Since you aren't logged in as Daniel Lee, though, the downloads abort and kill your session. I think the data is coming from the Google Partner Service program, but I'm not sure. I'll try running task manager to monitor it

A factory data reset (make sure you're plugged in) will wipe your SD cart and rewrite the internal memory with the base OS and applications originally bundled with your device. In the future, use the SlideME Market or Appbrain instead of the official Google market until the authentication issue gets worked out.

SocalAndroid

Jul 21, 2010
I used a sub-mini 2.5mm earpiece connector as stylus for screen calibration. It turns out working pretty good. When you scroll through between rows & columns of icons with your thumb or finger, you don't accidentally select other icon(s) anymore.

mcdonaa

Jul 23, 2010
I haven't yet talked to Euogo support about this, but I think the string of marketplace attempted downloads are the software that Euogo claims the device ships with. Since you aren't logged in as Daniel Lee, though, the downloads abort and kill your session. I think the data is coming from the Google Partner Service program, but I'm not sure. I'll try running task manager to monitor it

A factory data reset (make sure you're plugged in) will wipe your SD cart and rewrite the internal memory with the base OS and applications originally bundled with your device. In the future, use the SlideME Market or Appbrain instead of the official Google market until the authentication issue gets worked out.

Funny you mention Daniel Lee...I`m in contact with him (from Euogo.com) for tech support at the moment. I ordered two of these devices, and whilst one is working fine (for now!) the other now fails to turn on. I`m not sure if one of my other family members 'hibernated' it by mistake...now when you try to turn it on, the green power LED comes on and thats it. Another press, and the light goes out. Nothing from the screen. Long press of the power button does nothing either. I don't really want the hassle of sending it back to china, but what choice have I got?

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
If we could get the firmware, you could drain the battery completely and then flash it. There are steps to doing that in forums more geared toward modding and development for devices.

I just calibrated with the included stylus and it works fine. My oldschool DS stylus (very thin) also works well. I just need some screen protectors so this doesn't turn into a smudgy piece of... smudge.

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
I just got mine today, powered it on and it sits there. I get the Android icon with the word Android below it, and in the bottom right I get v1.7.4. Also the Green power light is on. Any clues what to do ? I've emailed their support but am waiting to hear back. Anyone have a similar issue with theirs ?
I've tried holding the power button for 5 seconds and powering it off and back on again, but so far it hasn't gone past that screen. Any thoughts of something to try would be appreciated!

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
Hello All, after emailing support (Daniel Lee responding) I got a newer firmware, v1.8.2, downloaded and installed onto my tablet, replacing the 1.7.4 that it had that wouldn't boot. Now it boots right on up. According to Daniel the newer firmware has better power management and works with 3G adaptors.
Let me know if you want it and I will toss a copy of it your way. Now with this firmware I can hack it maybe and get SU too :cool:

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
well well.....welcome gentleman........welcome...looks like im gonna have to go get a new toy to play with

tsn

Jul 20, 2010
BTW for those who don't know. The USB / Ethernet adapter that plugs into the TPGA-718, uses the same 30pin USB connector that comes with a Ipod Touch / Iphone / and I believe Ipod Nano. I've used my Ipod Touch cable and connected the tablet to my Linux and Windows systems and see it. However I have an issue. I can't get "adb devices" to show anything in Linux or in Windows, Windows 7 and XP both complain about driver issues.

Anyone have any ideas of something to try ? I am waiting to hear back from Euogo Support (aka Daniel Lee seems to be the only one responding to emails)