Hi ! I am new and also need some advice to choose the right device

pikapika

Jul 4, 2011
Hello everyone, I have looked around this forum for 2 weeks since I decide to buy an a android tablet to serve as an ereader and a dictionary that I can install (not too expensive , I don't want st over 250 $ , or a nook color because I don't want to root it and void the warranty:cool:) . :) . I prefer the 7 in screen because I think it 's easy to hold while you are in bed.

Here are the device currently on my mind now :

creative ziio , archos 70 it , and coby kryos 7024.

So which one should I choose ? Any recommend for other device ?

Any helpful rep will be very appreciated :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
to serve as an ereader and a dictionary
If this is what you're really after, you don't need to root the NC to get it. It's a good ereader right out of the box and there are several dictionaries available in the apps from B&N. Downloading B&N apps does not require rooting. You also have the option of running a rooted mod from an sd card without changing your system and voiding your warranty i.e. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html . Finally, if you decide to root, you can make a nandroid backup of your stock system before rooting and restore it if necessary for warranty purposes.

pikapika

Jul 4, 2011
If this is what you're really after, you don't need to root the NC to get it. It's a good ereader right out of the box and there are several dictionaries available in the apps from B&N. Downloading B&N apps does not require rooting. You also have the option of running a rooted mod from an sd card without changing your system and voiding your warranty i.e. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html . Finally, if you decide to root, you can make a nandroid backup of your stock system before rooting and restore it if necessary for warranty purposes.

Thanks for rep. I will consider the nook again. How about the others, they seem to have more versatility over the Nook. ^_^

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
really. how about it has 256 mb vs 512 mb of creative and nook. Dose that really matter ? :) because i 've got big pdf file to open. so i am not sure.

Yes it matters. If u get a tablet with 256 MB u will stuck n the dark ages

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum