Hi, I'm Rachel

rachelrooter

Jun 26, 2011
First of all, love your site! It has tons of useful information that's helped me root my nook color (quite a feat for a non-techie like me :) ).

But, I've hit a snag that I can't seem to solve myself. My NC still seems to be rooted since I still get updates from Pulse, Gmail, Gchat, etc., but I cannot access the Android settings menu, Nook Color Tools, or Softkeys, or any of the apps I've downloaded. It's pretty much near-stock, except for the constant updates from the Android apps I mentioned. I even re-rooted it, but the problem persists.

Previously, I could hit the physical "N" button and I'd have a choice of the "Nook Home", Softkeys, or Zeam Launcher. Now it just takes me to "Nook Home." It also used to have a Softkeys arrow button on the middle right side. Basically, I found lots of instructions here and other websites that would allow me to re-install the launcher thru various methods, but they all require I change settings inside the Android Settings Menu, which I can't find.

Any direction on how to fix this or just access the Nook Color Tools or Android Settings, or anything else that can bring my rooted NC back would be appreciated!

rachelrooter

Jun 26, 2011
Sorry Guys!

Just read the sticky, I will do my best to find the correct section to post my questions, but I hope somebody here can help me!

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Hi Rachel, head on over to the Nookcolor forum. Great bunch of people with lots of help. See ya over there.

sent from my Nookcolor

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Rachel it sounds like you removed your home launcher or more likely accidently set your default lanucher to Barenes & Noble so that everytime you hit the home button it takes you back to B&N home. You can still access the app you have downloaded by touching the ^ (arrow) on the screen just above the 'n' button an then going to apps. If you haven't rebooted since downloading the apps you will have to reboot for them to appear. (You should also be able to find the B&N settings in this menu).

Once in the apps you should be able to access Nook Color Tools. There should also be an icon in the notification bar at the bottom of the home screen with three lines that takes you to settings.

Reboot and let us know if you can find your apps and Nook Color Tools. Essentially what you are going to want to do is change your default home launcher from B&N to Zeam or not have a default so it asks you how you want to complete the action each time you press the home button. There are many ways to reset your home launcher once you are able to access the proper areas.

JP