HI Level hlv - 702 Tablet PC RockChip 2918 How to Root ?

Sep 16, 2012
my hı level tablet 7" rockchip 2918 but how root ?

Having messed around with a RK2918 based tablet lately myself: I think there's no easy way to gain root; especially if your tablet happens to run Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x). If it runs Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) chances are that GingerBreak _could_ work, but don't take it for granted.

This sentiment may also apply to a whole lot of RK29xx based tablets as they are all, more-or-less, the same when it comes down to the ROM; there are just two minor differences in what kind of filesystem the system.img inside the firmware.img uses.

If you already tried UnlockRoot, z4root, zergrush and whatnot else without any success your only way is to possibly mod the firmware and re-flash in a pre-rooted state (in case you happen to have a flashable .img file). That procedure is not exactly for the faith of heart.

For Windows there's the RK29xxImageTools v2.1 from Wendel. It works with RK29xx flash .img files (the <firmware>.img file you can flash through the Rockchip RKBatchTool) where the system.img inside the .img file is cramfs - it doesn't work with .img files where the included system.img is ext3. It will simply fail opening the system.img and therefore the injection of Superuser.apk/su won't happen.

In case you have a firmware image file you can try if RK29xxImageTools works...

Get the ZIP file from the link, extract it into a folder (for example "RK29xxImageTools"). Copy the firmware.img file of your tablet into the RK29xxImageTools folder and rename it into "wendel.img". Then double-click the "runme.bat" file to run the tool. in case it throws an error saying that the system.img couldn't be opened you know it's ext3 and that you need a Linux system, as well as a good amount of knowledge, to manually modify the system.img and pack everything up into the flashable image file afterward.

If you're dealing with a ext3 system.img and you think you got the skills required to manually deal with it in Linux tell me and it'll be my pleasure to write up a guide on how to get it done.

Last edited:

dxarmy68

Sep 15, 2012
I m sorry but speak engl&#305;sh very low . And very little knowledge of such matters what you say is very complex