Hi :) New here!

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Just got my a2109 for my birthday!! Girlfriend surprised me, was amazing. This is my first android tablet and want to make sure I get the best out of it.

Just a few questions, thank you.

Enable Balanced Power? What is this and should I have it on?

Whats the best way to get the most of the battery? Keep wifi on and brightness @ 50%?

Thank you guys, appreciate all the information you provide for this little gem.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Just got my a2109 for my birthday!! Girlfriend surprised me, was amazing. This is my first android tablet and want to make sure I get the best out of it.

Just a few questions, thank you.

Enable Balanced Power? What is this and should I have it on?

Whats the best way to get the most of the battery? Keep wifi on and brightness @ 50%?

Thank you guys, appreciate all the information you provide for this little gem.

Welcome to the club. Enabled Balanced Power seems to lower your screen brightness to a level that I find unacceptable. I keep my brightness set at just over 50%. I'm always indoors when I use it; that would probably be too low outdoors.

Keeping WiFi on is fine. Where WiFi chews up the battery is large transfers. Really, though, it's the screen that takes most of the power. Go to Settings->Battery to see what's taking all that juice.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
I could never figure out what the "enable balanced power" option does... my battery life seems the same either way.

Leave the wifi on, as it the battery drains badly if you turn it off (I think someone figured out that that is caused by Play Store trying to connect, failing, and retrying constantly with wifi off). See the brightness as low as you're comfortable with.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
The Enable Balanced Power in my case is causing lag... so i never want to use it :)

Also, just turn your brightness down as much as possible will increase your battery life. By how much? well i cant tell :D And yes turn on your WiFi too.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Rootdim is a good app that diminished screen brightness below the built in min settings, but you need to be rooted, actually finding the battery lasts for 2 or 3 days

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
Rootdim is a good app that diminished screen brightness below the built in min settings, but you need to be rooted, actually finding the battery lasts for 2 or 3 days

Been trying to find an app to do this! I've found the minimum brightness is often not low enough for me. Specifically at night. Thanks!

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Rootdim works wonders, you can set the screen brightness so low, you can't see the screen

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
1 more question, if anyone can answer... I noticed many games aren't showing up in my playstore such as modern combat 4... There are others, but this is one I know for sure. Any idea why this doesn't show up? Im on JB 4.1.1

Can I sideload this if need be? I am not rooted.

Thanks guys

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Maybe its not available for download from the play store but rather through Gameloft directly ?

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Maybe its not available for download from the play store but rather through Gameloft directly ?

Its weird, when I visit the playstore on my PC I can see it there with lots of reviews. It just doesnt show up on my tablet. I do a gameloft search on my tablet ad don't see near as many games as I see in the store on my PC.

Im guessing I may be able to still sideload these, but have not tried nor ever done that.

Ty for the reply

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Its weird, when I visit the playstore on my PC I can see it there with lots of reviews. It just doesnt show up on my tablet. I do a gameloft search on my tablet ad don't see near as many games as I see in the store on my PC.

Im guessing I may be able to still sideload these, but have not tried nor ever done that.

Ty for the reply

You can always find it if you really want it, not going to suggest where to get warez but pirates are known to have things for freeO:) if you get what I mean, otherwise pm me

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Thanks again for your help.. I think I can find it, if not I can just buy it from Gameloft if I am not mistaken. You don't think there will be any issue if I just sideload it with Sideload wonder machine?

Thanks again, you've been awesome.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks again for your help.. I think I can find it, if not I can just buy it from Gameloft if I am not mistaken. You don't think there will be any issue if I just sideload it with Sideload wonder machine?

Thanks again, you've been awesome.

Just make sure it is compatible with jelly bean, as Gameloft has had issues ,some games run and others won't, so b4 you spend your hard earned cash, just make sure it will work with jb, never heard of wonder machine as all my android devices are rooted immediately after they're unboxed

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
You don't need root to sideload, just check Unknown Sources under Settings -> Security and you can install whatever you want.