I am looking into getting a tablet. I have looked at a bunch and just confused

What I am looking for(must haves):
- under $200.00
- Capacitive touch screen
- Wifi
- Rootable
- Android market compatible
- Screen size..10" would be nice but would do a 7" to keep costs down

I know for my price range I am not gonna get the best. This is just for casual use like web browsing, looking at forums and maybe watching few movies.

Anybody make any suggestions based on your experiences?

And experiences with Resistive vs Capacitive incase I have to go with resistive to get a 10" screen

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i would recommend giving up either capacitive or 10" in your price range

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
no, people just find it hard to answer such subjective questions. you are asking questions that really only you can answer as it is up to you which is more important to you

Feb 24, 2011
no, people just find it hard to answer such subjective questions. you are asking questions that really only you can answer as it is up to you which is more important to you

I have never used an android tablet and will prob order one offline without trying it and dont want to get a pos and cant return it... So I wanted to get a feel for what people are purchasing and based my descision.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i would seriously recommend going into a best buy, office max, sears, staples or any place that has tablets for you to at least put your hands on for 20-30 minutes, and this is at a minimum.

that all being said, IMHO when you are looking at devices, people seem to think that brand names are basically only good for jacking up the price, and that you can get any tablet that you want because it can just be "flashed" to work just as well as the top-end devices. this is wrong thinking, pay for the quality of the build, and the quality of the tablet support.

so, my recommendation to you is this:

1. Give up the 10" screen for a 7" screen
2. Scrape together another $50
3. Buy a Nook Color

Based on what you want and what you are asking for and what your responses are, I think this is the very best option for you. i will even go further to say that if you don't go this route, and stay under $200, you are going to be very disappointed.

Good luck,
P

Feb 24, 2011
i would seriously recommend going into a best buy, office max, sears, staples or any place that has tablets for you to at least put your hands on for 20-30 minutes, and this is at a minimum.

that all being said, IMHO when you are looking at devices, people seem to think that brand names are basically only good for jacking up the price, and that you can get any tablet that you want because it can just be "flashed" to work just as well as the top-end devices. this is wrong thinking, pay for the quality of the build, and the quality of the tablet support.

so, my recommendation to you is this:

1. Give up the 10" screen for a 7" screen
2. Scrape together another $50
3. Buy a Nook Color

Based on what you want and what you are asking for and what your responses are, I think this is the very best option for you. i will even go further to say that if you don't go this route, and stay under $200, you are going to be very disappointed.

Good luck,
P

I was thinking of the nook option