Hi, Noob with a Christmas Present

Macca1411

Dec 28, 2012
Hi, I'm a new member and new to Android OS. I've used Windows before but owning a pad is a completely new experience.
I've just got a Superpad 8 and I am slowly getting to know it. Have a few issues which I'm hoping to find the answers to on this forum, if not I'll always ask.

Hopefully this forum is as friendly as others I am on.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hopefully this forum is as friendly as others I am on.

Hi Macca welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. If/when you have any questions regarding your particular tablet, the Android Tablet Q&A section would probably be the best place to ask them. I also hope this forum is at least as friendly as the others you're on. If not, please feel free to contact me via a private message with any concerns you may have. Enjoy the forum and your new tablet.

Macca1411

Dec 28, 2012
Thanks for the warm welcome.
After a search through the forum to try and find out what was wrong with the pad, I have discovered that it is most likely faulty as whenever I go online the connection times out. I have now contacted the supplier from ebay (flypadshop)(yes I know, but from ebay, expect problems) and hopefully they will issue an RA number under the terms of the warranty.

Now I just have to work out why the OH pad won't download apps from Google store. It just throws up error -101. At least hers connects to the internet, but that might be going back too at this rate and we'll spend the money on better quality pads.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Macca, sorry to hear things aren't working out with the new tablet. Hope you'll be able to get it straightened out to your satisfaction.

Macca1411

Dec 28, 2012
Finally got the tablet back from the retailer.
They weren't very accommodating at first with regard to me returning it under warranty. They only had a PO Box address, they wouldn't reply to emails and messages via ebay, and wouldn't answer the mobile phone number that they provided.
They listed the company name Auctionshop1 Ltd in their ebay advert. Got onto Companies House and got their registered office address (which was also their home address) and managed to find their landline telephone number.

It's amazing how their attitude changed when I told them about the new contact details I found.
Anyone having trouble with Flypadshop (ebay trading name) they also use the name Auctionshop1. Visit Companies House website and search their company name (Company number 08105487) and you will get a proper address. From that you can find their phone number. I would post it on here but not sure if it would be allowed.

Anyway, had a quick play around on the tablet and I think it is great. so much easier to use than a computer. Now I can look to see what it can do and find some good apps to download onto it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Macca,

Thanks for returning here and letting us know how it turned out. Glad to hear the new one is "great".:)

Macca1411

Dec 28, 2012
Had the repaired tablet less than 12 hours and then it came up with the original fault, so got returned again. The seller sent out a replacement which already had 2 email addresses registered on it. The screen was flickering constantly. After a factory reset to remove the previous users details, the screen was displaying as if it was in a mirror. Needless to say that has gone back. The seller assures me (in SMS, they refuse to answer the phone or reply to emails) that the tablet was brand new and when I asked for a fully functioning tablet, they told me I had had one already.
I still want a tablet, so now I'm waiting for my refund and then will go to one of the hight street retailers and buy one.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
will go to one of the hight street retailers and buy one.

Macca,

I'm so sorry to hear this has yet to be resolved. Christmas was long ago, and you still haven't got a good working tablet. My "Brit Speak" isn't that great, but I assume, and hope, the "hight street retailers" you speak of are "brick and mortar stores". You may pay a little more, but it's nice to know if there's a problem you can walk in and get immediate satisfaction. It's almost like an insurance policy, maybe even better.

When I see all the threads here regarding taxes, duties, shipping costs, return shipping etc. etc. I realize how fortunate I am to be close to dozens of electronics stores. Whenever I do have to order something online, I only order from vendors I know and trust like B&N, Amazon etc.

Just yesterday, I requested they change our "Like" button on the forum to a "Thank" button. I'm very glad they responded immediately, I certainly wouldn't want to say I "Like" hearing of your continuing problem, but I do want to "Thank" you for keeping us informed.

Hope you get this resolved soon and finally get to play with the new tablet.

Spider