Hi! Waiting for My Grandson's MID7036-4 to Arrive to Start Working on It

arinekhen

Dec 12, 2011
Hi! I'm a big Android fan. I have or have owned Zenithink ZT-180, Vizio Vtab, Samsung Galaxy SCH-i800, Toshiba Thrive, and soon to arrive, a Coby Kyros MID7036-4 which I want to install Google Play on and give to my grandson for Christmas. I see lots of good resources on that subject here, looking forward to learning about a new device. Thanks!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, arinekhen, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Don't forget to fully charge your grandson's tablet before playing with it.:rolleyes: And don't break it!

arinekhen

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for the welcome. The 7036-4 arrived. It will be okay for my grandson, but I didn't realize how marginal the screen is. Not too responsive compared to brand-name models, either. But, it will play Where's My Water. :) I have loaded 1mobile and some games, only Fruit Ninja crashes on launch during the part where Feint tries to load. Strange, because Veggie Samurai works okay, and it connects to Feint. I tried Amazon Appstore, an old apk I had, and it worked until the update came through and then it was only a black screen. I also tried the getjar market... ick. I guess I will have to try the process in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pps-telechips-7032-7034-7036-7048-8048-a.html and see if I can get google play working. Thanks for the resources!

arinekhen

Dec 12, 2011
Err.. or maybe not, just realized doing this would void the Square Trade warranty. And I'm about to give it to a five-year-old, so maybe I don't want to void it. Surely he can get by on the dozen or so games already on it! =]