High end tablets with cellular connectivity

floorman63

Mar 28, 2012
Why doesn't any of the major manufactures come out with nice 1080p screen, quad core processor, and LTE connectivity all in one tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Your wish may be ASUS's command as they are about to release the FonePad and I believe it has at least 4G if not LTE.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome. As my friend leeshor has pointed out you may get an option or two. As to the "why" they generally don't though, it is because the actual usage numbers bear out that only a very small fraction of people buy tablets with cell connectivity and even a smaller percent of those that do buy devices with data options ever activate them. The reality is that there just isn't a market for the manufactures to make it worth their time and expense. Probably not what you want to hear but that is the "why."

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
JP's points are spot on but in my mind the biggest issue is the cost of the data/contract that is normally associated with the phablet. Let's face it, it's difficult to tell with a convertable like that if it's a tablet first or a phone first and most are sold by cell providers at an inflated cost up front.

Danny1234

Feb 27, 2013
Why doesn't any of the major manufactures come out with nice 1080p screen, quad core processor, and LTE connectivity all in one tablet?
In my opinion, the tablets development is still in the primary school and if the manufacturers mixed all these advantages on the tablets, the price will be very high and people won't buy it.