Highest GB micro SD card

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
What's the highest GB card we can use in the NC?
I have a SD CL4 32 GB card and I wanted to know if I could use it to run a CM7.1
Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, 32GB is the largest that should be fine to use :)

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks JP, Right now I'm using a SD 16GB CL2 card and I believe it might be causing force close issues.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
It's a Sandisk. The app that keeps closing is Facebook. Cleared cashed, uninstalled, reinstalled, still force closes.

Sent from my NookColor CM7 7.1 on SD

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
It's a Sandisk. The app that keeps closing is Facebook. Cleared cashed, uninstalled, reinstalled, still force closes.

Sent from my NookColor CM7 7.1 on SD

The Facebook app now looks for a GPS position and the NC does not have GPS. You can find apps in the market with names similar to Fake GPS to get around this.

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
I just go to, (and prefer) facebook.com via Dolphin HD. Yes it takes longer to load but I like the web format as opposed to the trimmed down "app" format. I can't abide GPS without my implicitly turning it on.

The SDHD standard does not allow for greater than 32G. For that you are looking at SDXC.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
If it is only the FB app patruns is most likely right about the GPS. More and more apps are requiring this to even download so a GPS spoofer is almost a requirement now. If you are getting force closes in general then it could be the card. SanDisk typically work the best but not even all SanDisk are the same and you may have just received one of the ones with lower performance.

I have some patriot class 10 SD cards I got when I first got the Nook and they have the FC issue when running bootable CM7. Radio Shack had a sale on SanDisk class 4 a while back and I went and got two of those and they run much better even though technically they are class 4 compared to class 10. It really depends on the small block read/writer perfomance which can be checked using CrystalMark. Sure enough the SanDisk were much better in this regard. Fortunately I can still use the class 10 cards in my cameras for better performance.

JP

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
Good news out of XDA it looks like the Nook Colors and Tablets support 64GB SDXC cards without out any sort of modification other than having to format the card on the Nook itself.

Yeah baby! The wife is gonna love that news. ;D

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
But your pocket book might not ;)

That's what I mean. I finally got her talked into a 32G when I found one for under $25 shipped, (had to be Sandisk class 4). I thinking another Ice Age will come and go before I get a 64. :eek: