HIPSTREET FLARE ... setting up EMAIL " HELP "

jansenga

Apr 27, 2014
I have read the manual and I have watched numerous videos but I cannot seem to get the email set up on my husbands new tablet. The videos show a step that doesn't appear on the tablet as I follow along, in the end I always get a message "couldn't open connection to server" I hope someone can help me. :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Lots of info missing from your post or I could have provided a link. Whatever or whomever your provider is for your mail and depending on if you want to set up POP or IMAP mail do a Google search using the following words - POP (or IMAP) settings (your mail provider's name) android. Ignore the ( and ) that was for clarification purposes.

jansenga

Apr 27, 2014
thanks ... I have watched the videos (from different sites as well as the one you recommended) and I follow the steps but they show a screen that does not appear when I do as instructed ???

jansenga

Apr 27, 2014
So sorry (newbie and nervous) our service provider is TELUS ... I should mention I have tried the option MANUAL SET UP and entered the information I have regarding incoming and outgoing POP etc and I am still hitting a brick wall. As I mentioned when I follow the video it shows a screen that does not appear on my tablet as I go thru the steps :(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The videos I've seen don't cover all the possible configurations used by all the mail servers. Do a search using either "POP" or "IMAP" and the words settings Android and the name of your mail service. Don't use the quotes.

Last edited:

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Thank you Jansenga, for letting us know that leeshor's recommendation worked. :)