Ho do I stream any movies/shows on my Toshiba Thrive

jrc4120

Oct 19, 2011
Hello,

Just bought a Toshiba Thrive and have a few questions. I read that HBO Go and Netflix is not available in the android market for my Thrive. I really want to somehow stream some movies or shows, are there any apps in the android market that allow me to do that? I also tried the watch espn app, but unfortunately I cant do that either because my internet provider (comcast) doesnt support it. I like the tablet and have learned alot already, but I really want to watch videos and dont know how. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

And also, does anyone know if or when netflix or HBO Go will be available for android tablets, the HBO is only for android phones and apple products right now. Thanks.

jrc4120

Oct 19, 2011
Thanks, I will look into that. I'm not super tech savy, so I was hoping to just get some type of app. Are there any apps available to stream videos right now? Not being able to get the HBO and Netflix has me thinking I should have gone with an Ipad, which I realy wanted to avoid. Thanks again for any help, I really appreciate it.

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks, I will look into that. I'm not super tech savy, so I was hoping to just get some type of app. Are there any apps available to stream videos right now? Not being able to get the HBO and Netflix has me thinking I should have gone with an Ipad, which I realy wanted to avoid. Thanks again for any help, I really appreciate it.

There are a couple of apps that do offer streaming, but if you want your own content, I would suggest something like a DVR-setup like beyond tv.

You could use Splashtop to redirect your computer screen to your Thrive, so you could watch netflix and hbo go though.

Since you are new to the Thrive, I would suggest to sign up here:

Toshiba Thrive Forum

Its a sister forum of this one, but dedicated to the Thrive. You will get a lot more answers to your questions there.

Here is a link to a netflix article: Netflix on thrive?

and with some digging, I'm sure you will find something on HBO Go as well.

jrc4120

Oct 19, 2011
thanks alot for the response, much appreciated. looks like netflix just became available on droid tablets today! i'll make sure i ask some of the other questions over in the thrive forum. thanks again.

brasimericano

Oct 20, 2011
I don't know anything about the Thrive, but I just bought an Asus Transformer and Netflix works perfectly. Have you tried again? I think it was JUST made available for tablets.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

havensed

Oct 18, 2011
Hello,

Just bought a Toshiba Thrive and have a few questions. I read that HBO Go and Netflix is not available in the android market for my Thrive. I really want to somehow stream some movies or shows, are there any apps in the android market that allow me to do that? I also tried the watch espn app, but unfortunately I cant do that either because my internet provider (comcast) doesnt support it. I like the tablet and have learned alot already, but I really want to watch videos and dont know how. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

And also, does anyone know if or when netflix or HBO Go will be available for android tablets, the HBO is only for android phones and apple products right now. Thanks.

Netflix is alive and well. Tv.com works , and hbo will be soon.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Tablet Forum