Home Button

smokeythedog

Dec 20, 2011
Brand new to the tablet arena. Recently purchased Cruz T301, updated to 2.2.1 os, and got google market working, no other modifications.

My issue is getting back to the home screen. The home button when pressed does not take you back to home. It lights up and acknowledges that it was pressed, but goes no where. The only way to get back to home is by utilizing the back arrow. This occurs when browsing the web, or in any other app. You must hit the back button until you get back to the home screen.

Ideas?

Thanks!!!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
At your home screen, press menu, look for preferences. You should see an option to "Set Home Button Behavior" or something along those lines.

Give that a try.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

smokeythedog

Dec 20, 2011
From Home screen I pressed menu, went to settings did not see preferences. but saw settings, went there but did not see anything about "home button behavior". Anyone w/ a Cruz T301 have any different options?

This is where I originally figured the change could be made also...

datkins45

Dec 27, 2011
:rolleyes: Problem solved. Had to do a Rom upgrade, as described in the Quick Start Guide pamphlet. Backup your apps to the sd card first, as this erases all downloads and resets the Cruz to factory settings. Alternate-go to settings/privacy/Factory data reset.