Home &/or Applications Screen Icon Locations

rckowal

May 13, 2011
I intend to use Opera as my default browser. Currently its icon is on the Applications screen. I would like it to be on the Home screen (to save a step in accessing it). What would be the preferred way to do this?

Additionally, is it possible to move (maybe delete?) the default Android browser icon (&/or other unused icons) from the Home screen?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Press and hold on an icon on your home screen until you get a pop up, that will allow you to remove it.

Either press and hold on a shortcut in the apps drawer to add it your page, or press and hold on a blank space on your home page and select app shortcut to add it.

rckowal

May 13, 2011
Thanks. Works good. How can I arrange/re-arrange icons on the Home screen? I like to have them in alphabetical order.

Never mind - figured it out already.

Last edited:

TInman22

May 23, 2013
rkowal,
I came here looking for the answer to that question. Please share how you did it!
I would like to alphabetize the apps in the main apps screen. They are in A-Z order on each screen; I'd like to have them in A-Z across the screens. At present, I have to view all screens to find a particular app.

JR