home page and installing widgets

SkyBuzz

Mar 15, 2012
How can I install a widget after the update on my vizio tablet. The users manual says to use the customize button in the upper right corner of the screen. There is no button there. Also, the home page that it booted to is not the same as described in the manual.Can anyone help a poor soul?
SB

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi SB, this is because the manual is showing stock Honeycomb (I think since I haven't done the update) but Vizio changed it so that you only have an pp drawer view. I'm not sure how they are handling the widgets but it sounds like it is the same as before where you have to do it through the Vizio widget bar. Another option is to install a home launcher which will allow you to have the standard home screens and widget layouts of Android. A couple of the other threads about the update have launcher suggestions but simply going to the Google Market (now called Play store) and searching home launcher will give you lots of options.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=home+launchers&c=apps

SkyBuzz

Mar 15, 2012
Hi SB, this is because the manual is showing stock Honeycomb (I think since I haven't done the update) but Vizio changed it so that you only have an pp drawer view. I'm not sure how they are handling the widgets but it sounds like it is the same as before where you have to do it through the Vizio widget bar. Another option is to install a home launcher which will allow you to have the standard home screens and widget layouts of Android. A couple of the other threads about the update have launcher suggestions but simply going to the Google Market (now called Play store) and searching home launcher will give you lots of options.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=home+launchers&c=apps

Thanks,
I have Go Launcher ex installed at present. I guess I will just stay with it as my launcher.
SB

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks,
I have Go Launcher ex installed at present. I guess I will just stay with it as my launcher.
SB

Ok, well I think Go Launcher should work but the instructions will be a little different than the stock Honeycomb. There are probably two ways to do it in Go Launcher. 1. long press a blank part of the home screen and then select widgets from the pop up menu. 2. Go to the app drawer and look for the widgets tab (at least in stock HC) then select a widget to drop on the home screen.

Skip to 1:20 to see a widget added.

Last edited by a moderator: