Honeycomb 3.1 and Skype Video Calls not working

miked

Jul 31, 2011
I am both a Skype and GTalk user. Some people (including myself) would like to know what works while waiting for other programs. And please DO NOT tell me what to comment on.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
So, sorry for that.

Me too are patiently waited for the latest development on when the Skype to release an update for A500 Tablet since they already released to some models.

Aug 1, 2011
What about Tango? Having trouble configuring and getting it to work on Tablet using MIfi 2200 HotSpot. I want to be able to use it on my Samsung r915.
So Google Voice is better? How can they send activation SMS if no way to receive it?
Thanks

BullFrog Thrive 32g

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
What about Tango? Having trouble configuring and getting it to work on Tablet using MIfi 2200 HotSpot. I want to be able to use it on my Samsung r915.
So Google Voice is better? How can they send activation SMS if no way to receive it?
Thanks

BullFrog Thrive 32g

I used tango but now use fring - best part of which is up to 4 video conferencing across android and IOS. So now i use skype for the phone calls and fring for video

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
You're lucky, Skype still not functional on the Acer A500. But I am hoping for a fix soon, new things happening everyday. Still I am very happy with the current state of updates, considering that this is a very new technology.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Theres a modded skype 2.0 over at xda that disables a device check for video calling and enables it on the device. Try looking for that apk and give it a shot.

<theres a dev for that> i thought it was... "theres an app for that"

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum