Honeycomb 3.1 update

Jkirb

Jun 5, 2011
I got the tablet wed and I pimmediatly got it when I turned it on

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

bjblackmore

Jun 5, 2011
I got mine on 2nd June, and as soon as I'd turned it on it asked me to update to 3.1, after I'd charged it to 50% I updated, and it worked fine. Then when I docked it with the keyboard there was an update for the dock too. That appeared to update fine as well.

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
Mine has updated to 3.1 & there was a keyboard fix too. Mine seems pretty stable however I have three main issues that I can see:
1) No preview when using camera or video - it will take a picture but screen just shows blank.
2) will not playback any of the videos it takes.
3) the updated youtube app will not play anything - will show the available videos, starts to buffer but just will not play - not sure if linked to point 2 or whether its just a honeycomb issue.

Otherwise all seems to run fine without any other issues, and as I don't use the camera, and can play youtube apps from the browser this really isn't an issue for me. However when skype does allow video calling that will be another issue.

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
3) the updated youtube app will not play anything - will show the available videos, starts to buffer but just will not play - not sure if linked to point 2 or whether its just a honeycomb issue.

OK - not sure where the edit button is, but just so you know the youtube issue is fixed - I just needed to set up a youtube account for the gmail address I used in setting up my transformer.

Terabyt3Bob

Jan 23, 2011
I got my Transformer in Monday this week (6-6) it updated to 3.1 yesterday. Everything seems to be fine. I know it's still early and that there will be time for apps to smooth into the transition of the latest version of Android.

I'm really impressed with the Asus Transformer, but then, besides a rooted Nook Color, it's all I have to compare with (besides an Ipad which is 'Apple' to oranges, sorry) :p

I love my Nook and won't be putting it away, great for on the road toting. But the Transformers graphics, overall appearance and performance are a world apart from my Nook. I was going to root the TF101, but I've enjoyed going over the features it has so much I don't think I will, at least not for a while. My new baby and it's being held a lot! :)

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
Ok - my preview on camera and video now seems to be fixed too. I am sort of wondering whether it had something to do with fixing my youtube issue - but if it is that is pretty wierd coding to say the least.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Ok - my preview on camera and video now seems to be fixed too. I am sort of wondering whether it had something to do with fixing my youtube issue - but if it is that is pretty wierd coding to say the least.

Now have a 32GB transformer that almost immediately presented me with the opportunity to install the 3.1 update (I liked the fact that when I finally installed the OS update, it did not wipe any of my tab customizations up to that point). BTW, haven't yet set up YouTube, but video preview and playback was never an issue on my tab FWIW.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Walterjnr

Jun 18, 2011
Same here. I just got mine a few days ago and still no 3.1 update. Perhaps it is a regional thing?

DJACID

May 7, 2011
If you want you can flash a rom over and then flash to a aus firmware once it's out,My mate had the same issue,Got it imported from amazon to aus,Currently using the us rom, rooted, prime 1.4, overclock,You should have no issues flash back and fourth,You can grab the US rom, the WW rom is for Europe

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
No 3.1 here for me yet (Oregon). On a side note looks like I have two dead pixels in center of my tablet or some dust debris behind the screen (I just got it yesterday). Requested an exchange with Amazon and they shipped it over night (at no charge) since I had Amazon prime and did 1 day shipping on the original Tablet and I should have it this afternoon since it is out for delivery. I usually do not worry about a dead pixel or two, but this was right in the center and every time my eyes would go to it. Hoping I do not have any issues with the new Tablet. I did get to fool around with the tablet for a little bit yesterday and I like what I have seen.

Anomander

Jun 16, 2011
Got my replacement Tablet yesterday. No dead pixels;) Even cooler was the fact as right after I turned it on it was asking for a firmware update. My dead pixel tablet still was not wanting to update. the 3.1 install had no problems.

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Just got one today for my brother and no 3.1 on it either. I checked online for updates and it said it was up to date. I have 3.0.1