Honeycomb 3.1

tonyoung

May 24, 2011
Hey, guys, I've just taken delivery of an Asus Transformer (seems very cute and the construction is quite high quality) but I've just realised my personal Android experience is limited to the HTC Desire and Desire S (ie Froyo & Gingerbread).

The Asus manual isn't up to much and unless I'm missing something, there appears to be no obvious way in 3.1 to copy files from a USB memory stick or SD card to the Transformer.

Any ideas?

droidweb

May 25, 2011
If you're pluggin the USB / SD card directly into the device, then yes, the stock file manager should suffice. If not (you want to transfer files from your computer to the tablet), you need a bit more know-how.

The Asus (and all Honeycomb devices) uses MTP (Media Transfer protocol) to transfer files to and from the device. If you're on a windows box, just plug and play. If you're on linux or mac, you've got a bit of poking around to do; message me which OS you're on and i'll post the instructions.

Once you get the device mounted you should see the SdCard directory inside the root directory of the tablet.

HTH

murali_sb

Jun 11, 2011
If you're pluggin the USB / SD card directly into the device, then yes, the stock file manager should suffice. If not (you want to transfer files from your computer to the tablet), you need a bit more know-how.

The Asus (and all Honeycomb devices) uses MTP (Media Transfer protocol) to transfer files to and from the device. If you're on a windows box, just plug and play. If you're on linux or mac, you've got a bit of poking around to do; message me which OS you're on and i'll post the instructions.

Once you get the device mounted you should see the SdCard directory inside the root directory of the tablet.

HTH

Hi,

I've Ubuntu 10.04 and few other Debian distros besides Arch. Can you please tell how i can transfer data from my Linux PC to Asus transformer using USB. i've enabled USB from debug menu in Transformer but still i'm unable to see Transfomer device when connected to Linux. Since i don't have Windows in my machine i've not other way of installing Asus PC Suite, haven't tried the wine option yet.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,