Honeycomb 3.2 arrived.

dauthi

Aug 1, 2011
Would you care to elaborate or explain?

Set the screen time out as long as possible so it doesnt 'sleep' and have the download running foreground (don't hide it). When I did that I finally got a valid download. Took me 5 attempts before I tried this, and it worked.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Jul 30, 2011
Set the screen time out as long as possible so it doesnt 'sleep' and have the download running foreground (don't hide it). When I did that I finally got a valid download. Took me 5 attempts before I tried this, and it worked.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Eventually, that is after 8 or so tries, I did exactly what you mentioned above and it worked. As of now my A500 is on 3.2 (amazingly, it is reading some - but not all - of my NTFS external drives). Current Location: India.

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Anyone from the Midwest USA/ Chicago get it yet?

No from Chicago. I don't think anyone from the US has gotten it yet. Like I said, they don't care about us. They'd rather cater to nations with relatively insignificant population numbers, because apparently that's a good strategy for success?

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
No from Chicago. I don't think anyone from the US has gotten it yet. Like I said, they don't care about us. They'd rather cater to nations with relatively insignificant population numbers, because apparently that's a good strategy for success?

Or you could stop being a jerk with a nationalistic complex and consider that they are doing by phases to avoid server congestions and crashes. And that it's better to test on smaller population sets in case issues are found. And be careful what you call insignificant. Viruses are living entities of insignificant size and look at the dammage they can do...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Or you could stop being a jerk with a nationalistic complex and consider that they are doing by phases to avoid server congestions and crashes. And that it's better to test on smaller population sets in case issues are found. And be careful what you call insignificant. Viruses are living entities of insignificant size and look at the dammage they can do...

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Jerk? Nationalistic complex? The only reason I care why they aren't pushing it out to America, is because I've been waiting since August to get this thing, and if they don't push it to America, it means I CANNOT GET IT. I am sick of waiting. Unlike you people who continually make excuses for Acer, and say "Oh who cares, there's nothing important in this update anways," I want the update, because I want the app zooming feature. Until I get the update, I will continue to complain about Acer, and quite frankly, this WILL be my last Acer product. I won't stick with a company that doesn't care enough about it's customers to release updates in a timely fashion.

Jul 30, 2011
Jerk? Nationalistic complex? The only reason I care why they aren't pushing it out to America, is because I've been waiting since August to get this thing, and if they don't push it to America, it means I CANNOT GET IT. I am sick of waiting. Unlike you people who continually make excuses for Acer, and say "Oh who cares, there's nothing important in this update anways," I want the update, because I want the app zooming feature. Until I get the update, I will continue to complain about Acer, and quite frankly, this WILL be my last Acer product. I won't stick with a company that doesn't care enough about it's customers to release updates in a timely fashion.

well you could always sell your A500 and get something else...like the Xoom perhaps...apparently, it gets the updates quicker than other companies.

HarshReality

Jun 19, 2011
Well, I wasnt getting an update notification so I rolled mine back to .38 (I was using .40) and as soon as I rebooted the update notice came through. Works pretty good.. responsive and what not but I havent gotten my root anymore and waiting for some genius to release the info on how to get it again.

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011

If you really can't wait then you could Google "A500 3.2 update is here" and follow the links and instructions on the acer tablet forum. It seems to be a way to download and manually update to 3.2. Caveat emptor.