Honeycomb Android Tablets Versus iPad 2 Comparison Chart

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
gzQDq.png

Comparison chart by Droid Life

DroidLife has posted a comparison chart between the iPad 2 and the Honeycomb competition tablet devices in the Motorola Xoom, the LG G-Slate, and the Samsung Galaxy 10.1.

The iPad 2 seems to be hardware equivalent to the latest Honeycomb tablets. This is not entirely surprising, considering that similar hardware with dual-core Cortex processors have been available for half a year since November of last year in the Viewsonic gTablet and Advent Vega. This removes the hardware advantage Honeycomb tablets had over Apple's products, but the key battle is still software.

Append: Xoom 4G LTE upgrade is not yet available.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
So in a technical sense the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1... is actually the best device?

mgoony

Apr 8, 2010
I'm not sure why these comparisons are done with real world devices and vaporware.

I guess there was a great need to fill space with "n/a"s

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Can't beat Apple with price tho. Isn't it sad that Ipad wifi only will come out before XOOM? Motorola is fubar

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Ok, so I am NOT saying it is better than the iPad, or the Xoom, or the non-existant 10.1 Galaxy, but look at these specs. Other than Honeycomb, which I would expect to see a ROM for soon from the community, and a weaker display, the ViewSonic G-Tab stands right next to all of these devices.

Oh yeah, it also costs between $379-$399. You can also find refurbs that were returned only because the original UI was so bad that were barely used for $279.

Processor & Memory
  • 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 - Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU
  • 512MB DRR
Storage
  • 16GB internal memory (expandable up to 32GB via SD Card)
Operating System
  • Google Android 2.2 (Froyo)
    Graphics & Video Support
    • 10.1" TFT-LCD with LED driver system and 1024x600 resolution
    • NVIDIA Tegra 2
    • OpenGL ES 2.0
    • 32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2
    • S1080p H.264/H.263/ VC-1/MPEG-2/4/WMV9/DiVX 4/5 Video Decode
    • 1080p H.264/MPEG-4 Video Encode
    • Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
    • 1.3-megapixel camera
    Battery & Power
    • 3650mAh Li-ion polymer battery
    • 12V Power adapter
    Operating Conditions
    • Voltage: 7.4V
    • Operating Temperature: 32°F to 113°F
    • Storage Temperature: : -4°F to 113°F
    Color, Size & Weight
    • Width: 10.5"
    • Height: 6.8"
    • Depth: 0.54"
    • Weight: 1.55 lbs.
    • Color: Black
    Networking & Communications
    • WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    • Audio
    • Built-in 2 x 1-watt stereo speakers
    Connections
    • USB 2.0 (Slave)
    • Mini USB 2.0 (Host)
    • 3.5mm stereo headphone
    • Micro SD
    • Dock for HDMI/Headphone/USB (optional)
    • DC Input (Power)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
How come you have the Xoom as non-3D device but it's tauted as 3D device. Still just in the next gen of these tablets. I am sure it will get better. Tera2 needs some work though. 5x Tera and quad-12 core looks good on the screen but will it outperform the current or will it be more of the same? Suppose to do true 3D HD. Just have to see. Apple iPad2 just add some missing features still around the same.

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
the xoom has an ambient light sensor as well.it does auto adjust screen brightness if you have it turned on.

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using Android Forum App

wattsdr

Jun 21, 2011
the Cius is the only obvious choice as a tablet for business. From enterprise management to security, no matter what 3rd party apps and add-ons are spewed forth as afterthoughts to attempt to line up the iPad (Playbook, Touch, etc) with enterprise, the Cius is the clear answer.

David Watts
NYC Area IT Mgmt

Last edited by a moderator:

Queentorrent

Nov 1, 2011
I have not converted to Apple yet, you would think as a design student I would have by now. Still, I am looking at a droid tablet for myself and perhaps the Ipad2 for my spouse, why, because Ipad2 requires less thought to operate and is more intuitive. I can handle the process of implementing all the apps in the droid, some people are only made for the ease of Apple OS..

Last edited by a moderator:

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
seems like an old post got revived, which made me wonder. now that galaxy tab 10.1 has been out for a while, would you say its better than ipad 2?