honeycomb, honeycomb, I want honeycomb!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well chaps, HONEYCOMB 3.1 has finally been delivered to my ACER ICONIA A500 and as far as I can see its working like a charm. I noticed improved wireless so far and other options on the USB - the A500 has full size Usb as well as the mini USB. I noticed in the system file list that it now has a separate folders/directory for USB devices as well as the original folder for mounted USB drives.

Still early days though!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Check out the Acer iconia a500. Its an awesome tablet, and many people feel is better than the transformer. The build quality is superb, aluminum backing, full sized USB port on the tablet, along with micro usb, mini hdmi, and a dock port for future accessories, also the SD card slot works and supports up to 64 gb! Though the Asus has a very slightly better screen, this one is more than fine, and responsiveness is amazing. Also, it has 1 gig of DDR3 ram, all the others only have DDR2. All in all, I was planning on getting a transformer, but I couldn't find one anywhere so I got the iconia and I'm so glad I did. I've been hearing a lot about the Asus being poorly made and cheap feeling, its the opposite on the iconia, everything is solid and awesome.

Do you still think so now?

I've got one too and I'm happy with it.

D