HoneyComb Like Flytouch 3 Rom - FunnyComb + Tim 5a (Only for Real Units)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrrivens

Jun 18, 2011
ADMIN NOTE: USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR SPAM

My Flytouch 3 is now running the FunnyComb iBex ROM which is basically and Android 3.0 HoneyComb Style ROM that improves on Tim's 5a ROM:

FunnyComb Flanfinger Rom official Thread:

(URL REMOVED FOR SPAM)

Warning: Tim's 5a or FunnyComb are not for Flytouch 3 Clones (aka P041, Sawee10, 803). It is confirmed to work with iBex Flytouch3 units.

Last edited by a moderator:

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
My Flytouch 3 is now running the FunnyComb iBex ROM which is basically and Android 3.0 HoneyComb Style ROM that improves on Tim's 5a ROM:

I haven't seen bigger bull****s on this forum.

Basically this is modified Tim5A firmware, and it is Android 2.2 with a wallpaper taken from Honeycomb. So actually it is fake Android 3.0 we could say.... ;-)))

It is working on EVERY tablet with DISCO10 motherboard - tested, and confirmed. It is lie that it is working on Ibex tablets only, published everywhere to make people believe that all other tablets are fake...

If You do believe that this is Android 3.0 - congratulations to You and I'm really sorry about brainwash at ******** forum...

FlanFlinger

Aug 20, 2011
I haven't seen bigger bull****s on this forum.

Basically this is modified Tim5A firmware, and it is Android 2.2 with a wallpaper taken from Honeycomb. So actually it is fake Android 3.0 we could say.... ;-)))

It is working on EVERY tablet with DISCO10 motherboard - tested, and confirmed. It is lie that it is working on Ibex tablets only, published everywhere to make people believe that all other tablets are fake...

If You do believe that this is Android 3.0 - congratulations to You and I'm really sorry about brainwash at ******** forum...

I think you'll find the OP says "HoneyComb Style ROM", and there's a bit more done to it than a wallpaper change.

Beta 5 released this morning

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
You could release a new version based on a new firmware published by me, then every tablet owner with DISCO10 motherboard could use your firmware. If You want a "raw" firmware from a factory let me know.

FlanFlinger

Aug 20, 2011
You could release a new version based on a new firmware published by me, then every tablet owner with DISCO10 motherboard could use your firmware. If You want a "raw" firmware from a factory let me know.

If you're referring to the "803" firmware, I've already got it thanks

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
803 downloaded from the Internet or directly from the manufacturer ?, I've found this firmware 3 weeks ago on the Internet but it doesn't work. Once I've got it from the manufactuer it works.

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
If you're referring to the "803" firmware, I've already got it thanks

Well, after your words, I have downloaded your version 5 and tested on DISCO10 V.2.0 and what do I have to say that WIFI on your firmware IS NOT WORKING.

I do understand that Your will negate everything what I will say and refuse everything what I will offer, but it is up to You.

If you have 803 version, it means that you have "false" 803 version without proper wifi drivers, old compilation as my compilation is signed with 8188 number (internal number, not visible for others). This is know 803 firmware which people downloaded in hope that flashing again will restore their WIFI but it is "false" 803.

Only my firmware is "real" 803 and only my firmware is able to restore WIFI.

additionally my firmware is fully compatiblle with DISCO V.1.1 and V.2.0

If You will change your mind and point of view let me know and I will share this firmware to you with "raw" image - not modified.

FlanFlinger

Aug 20, 2011
Well, after your words, I have downloaded your version 5 and tested on DISCO10 V.2.0 and what do I have to say that WIFI on your firmware IS NOT WORKING.

Of course it's not, my firmware is built for pre 803 tablets, if you'd like to send me an 803 tablet to work with then feel free.

I do understand that Your will negate everything what I will say and refuse everything what I will offer, but it is up to You.

Think about what you've said there, then have a read back at what you said about my work merely being 5a with a wallpaper change, you're the one that posted the negative comment, all I'm merely doing is defending several weeks of my hard work making my ROM

If you have 803 version, it means that you have "false" 803 version without proper wifi drivers, old compilation as my compilation is signed with 8188 number (internal number, not visible for others). This is know 803 firmware which people downloaded in hope that flashing again will restore their WIFI but it is "false" 803.

Only my firmware is "real" 803 and only my firmware is able to restore WIFI.

additionally my firmware is fully compatiblle with DISCO V.1.1 and V.2.0

If You will change your mind and point of view let me know and I will share this firmware to you with "raw" image - not modified.

I have a genuine 803 firmware, the one that kills the wifi on pre 803 tablets, and the wifi drivers are exactly the same, the issue is deeper rooted than that, and yes I am working on a fix.

I would though like you to sit and have a long hard think about the moral and ethical grounds of you profiting from somebody else's hard work by flashing a firmware you did not produce and then selling it on as your own without giving any credit to those that produced it, or offering something towards the cost of producing the firmware.
Its very easy for me to put a "watermark" inside my firmware, I can even bury it inside an app or the kernel if need be

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
I would though like you to sit and have a long hard think about the moral and ethical grounds of you profiting from somebody else's hard work by flashing a firmware you did not produce and then selling it on as your own without giving any credit to those that produced it

Stop stop, I think You went to far. Do I sell it ???, it is completely FREE for ALL. Please correct your previous reply.

FlanFlinger

Aug 20, 2011
Stop stop, I think You went to far. Do I sell it ???, it is completely FREE for ALL. Please correct your previous reply.

Do you, or do you not flash a firmware that was not modified by you on your tablets before you sell them to give you and advantage in the market ?
And yes, as I said, legally you are completely entitled to do this, the software is open source and as such free, but you fail to see the moral side.

Before slagging someone else's work as being a mere wallpaper change I suggest you "learn the tools" and produce your own firmware.

robnc20

Oct 10, 2011
"I have a genuine 803 firmware, the one that kills the wifi on pre 803 tablets, and the wifi drivers are exactly the same, the issue is deeper rooted than that, and yes I am working on a fix."

could you please post the real 803 firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.