Honeycomb on galaxy?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
This is an interesting question, that you are probably going to get a lot of answers to. Right now the rumor mill is churning about the long-term plans for the Galaxy, and how much longer it is going to be on the market etc etc, and they will MOST likely be coming out with a new model better adapted hardware-wise for Honeycomb.

That all being said, with as many Galaxy Tabs having been sold as there are even if there is no "official" honeycomb for it, there will probably be custom honeycomb versions available.

newnick

Jan 23, 2011
G-tab is samsung's flagship product in the tablet arena. So, they better do it right with the right software update support in timely manner in order to establish the trust and goodwill. Otherwise, buyers will be turned away and bad word of mouth will be spreaded fast than they could ever imagine. With all other options soon will be avialable, samsung will lose their unique positioning (the first real ipad rival) rather quick. If they dont listen to end users and do their part, they can be lose their market in this major growing segment in a blink. SONY's Beta, laptop/PC, cell phone, portable audio, portable gaming and even their TVs system are good examples.

Last edited:

MNRyan

Feb 7, 2011
G-tab is samsung's flagship product in the tablet arena. So, they better do it right with the right software update support in timely manner in order to establish the trust and goodwill. Otherwise, buyers will be turned away and bad word of mouth will be spreaded fast than they could ever imagine. With all other options soon will be avialable, samsung will lose their unique positioning (the first real ipad rival) rather quick. If they dont listen to end users and do their part, they can be lose their market in this major growing segment in a blink. SONY's Beta, laptop/PC, cell phone, portable audio, portable gaming and even their TVs system are good examples.

I agree with you, that is what they should do. But with Samsung's current track record Galaxy Owners are going to have to cause quite a commotion like Galaxy S owners had to. On the other hand, maybe they have learned their lesson and we'll get it. The only hold up I see maybe the fact that we've only seen it run on the Xoom (well at least that's all I've seen or heard of) which is a very powerful machine, much more so than the Tab. This may mean that Honeycomb is more demanding. I'd love for someone with more knowledge of Honeycomb to speak to that.