HONEYCOMB on its WAY

McGiles

Sep 6, 2010
I still have a rooted 1.4. Let me get this straight. I thought Vizio gave us 2.3 because (out of the kindness of their hearts no doubt) they didn't want us to go through the trials and tribulations of a buggy 3.0. Now they want me to go back to no root with a buggy OS? Do I have that right? 4.0 is out now - I just loaded it on my Vibrant cell. What is Vizio's VTAB1008 team doing? They must have plenty of spare time!

Apaulct

Jan 29, 2012
Chatted with Gil from Vizio support this morning. He said Honeycomb would be out "in the next couple of months" and it would be pushed to the devices.

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
Although the representative from Vizio, Gil, has eluded to the team releasing honeycomb after further testing, I find it very hard to believe that they are not also testing ICS in parallel with it to see which one is going to work better with the vtab. I really don't think that they would dump an OS on all of us that is detrimental to the operation of the tablet, especially if they expect the consumers' loyalty. From what I have read in this thread from those of you who know more about this than I, it's going to be ICS or no update at all.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Don't hold your breath on ICS. It took them forever to get honeycomb out and it has been breaking people's tablets.
If I still had my Vizio I would not be accepting the HC update. My brother owns it now and he isn't touching the HC update till it stops breaking people's tablets which means Vizio either needs to go back to the drawing board, or he will stay with the current version of Android.