Discussion in 'Huawei Ideos S7' started by hcpass, Jun 8, 2011.
Do you think it will be possible to have one day Honeycomb on S7???
I think its a little slow maybe when overclocked
Sent from my GTablet
the most we would see is a port from a device or the sdk, which would probably be useless, honeycomb is closed sourced so we won't be able to compile it for our devices.
I read that Google is waiting to release the code soon... Is this true?
Why would you need more than 2.2.2 u have flashplayer framework mod all that u need and mostly important its stable so i dont understand u.
- Real tablet support
- hardware acceleration for graphics
- real USB support (host)
- VoIP SIP (since gingerbread)
- multicamera support (rear and front)
- native ext4 support (not yaffs like in froyo)
- better multitasking
And future apps will require gingerbread or honeycomb as minimum.
If I had the savvy to play with ROMs, I'd try for the fun of it. Sometimes, it's the joy of accomplishment that drives things.
You are mistaken...
You can get all that already with 2.2.2!
(ok, some not in a friendly way)
Honeycomb (> 3.0) on a S7 will be slow to the point of being unusable.
If you want/need Honeycomb, then you should get another tablet, a dual-core one.
There is a mod to bring the S7 from 2.2 to HC.
[ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2) - xda-developers
Hope this helps. Enjoy
- hardware acceleration for graphics: Froyo have 3D support for games and apps, but honeycomb have better acceleration
- real USB support (host): You can have usb as host with froyo, but the support is poor
- VoIP SIP (since gingerbread): support on system.
- multicamera support (rear and front): In froyo you need to change manually between front and rear, not in app.
- native ext4 support (not yaffs like in froyo): You need custom rom
- better multitasking:
I dont know, dual core is not a requirement for honeycomb.
It works on S7????
Its for the Dell Streak so I won't be trying it!
Warning it's for "Dell Streak 7" I repeat it's for "Dell Streak 7"
I thought it was for Huawei S7
Have you installed the same? If yes hows the performance.
Sent from my GT-I5800 using Android Tablet Forum
Separate names with a comma.