honeycomb parts for coby kyros (tweaks, wallpaper, power rooted apps)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tipstir.... I hope you didn't take any offence to my comment... It was just a a general statement.. Benchmarks are usefull tools and I have come to use Quandrant when i check the scores... I wanted to know which 1 you used due to your scoring in the 800's...

downloading now....

No I think everyone should understand we're all going to use what we all think works the best in testing. Just you saying it doesn't do anything I find that strange to say. I've use your tool Quandrant before on tablets can run though. Not all can run it. CM3 has been updated but I like the terminal mode version which is in the 7z on the first post with a more indepth benchmark that goes after 3D and 2D graphic benchmark.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Folks by using the stock ROM from CobyUSA, The package on the first post, along with Launcher Pro x.0.85 would give you what you see below to give you HoneyComb at 50% feel and look!. Remember most of us use Z4Root to Root the Coby and did that Market Adb, Clockwork recovery.img.

197579_10150121500767949_579882948_6678530_1612341_n.jpg

Under Launcher Pro Columns are set to 6 x 4 Rows (remember Launcher Pro not included) but in my Power 282 package it's available.
Wallpaper is included HoneyComb Glowy Hex
You can have your wallpaper run automatic changing every 10 sec or higher or just leave it stuck as it is
The HoneyComb clock is include, along with the all the wallpaper and the Power Widget you see on the screen there is room for the music play too. Not shown
Android Manager and Android Optimizer along with aCCleaner or Cachmate you got some good arsenal power rooted tools to make this tablet stand out more and perform better.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I'm having problems .. The file when I download it doesn't come zipped... Do I need to zip it and then install to SD to view the files? thanks

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Yea, I have that but its not the program... The file (your tweak file) after I download it has a picture of a white paper with a small blue box in it instead of folder with a zipper in the middle ...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Are you on a Linux, MAC or Windows PC? I don't have this issue.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
My computer is windows 7 64 ... sorry should have been the first thing to say... I had a problem with this ... I downloaded a zip file , opened it to change out some apps and rezipped it but when I went to flash it it wouldn't load the zip...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
But this package is build on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 4Q/4T 8GB RAM and I still don't have you issue or do I see it.

Oh yes ROM Patch featuring HoneyComb V9.0.0 for Coby out this week. Just finishing it.

Video shot to show what it looks on another tablet.. Coby version will use the same type of graphics and dialog boxes
Basically what's here will be installed using Clock Recovery push.

Last edited by a moderator:

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
But this package is build on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 4Q/4T 8GB RAM and I still don't have you issue or do I see it.

Oh yes ROM Patch featuring HoneyComb V9.0.0 for Coby out this week. Just finishing it.

Video shot to show what it looks on another tablet.. Coby version will use the same type of graphics and dialog boxes
Basically what's here will be installed using Clock Recovery push.
Can't wait!!!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Its working just have to fix some things to get to the point to releasing it out into the wild.

190214_10150125298347949_579882948_6717806_5697675_n.jpg

HD 1080p video will be posted showing off the Coby in action with the new ROM it's quicker still would like to free up more RAM I'll have to test some idea's I have to do so.
The video explains what I mean.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
No problem ... I'll wait till its done and try that zip to see if I can get it ... Thanks

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Move the apk's to /system/app and reboot. Make sure the permissions are rw-r--r-- for all I'd the apk's you put back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SkyDagon8

Sep 26, 2011
Folks by using the stock ROM from CobyUSA, The package on the first post, along with Launcher Pro x.0.85 would give you what you see below to give you HoneyComb at 50% feel and look!. Remember most of us use Z4Root to Root the Coby and did that Market Adb, Clockwork recovery.img.

197579_10150121500767949_579882948_6678530_1612341_n.jpg

Under Launcher Pro Columns are set to 6 x 4 Rows (remember Launcher Pro not included) but in my Power 282 package it's available.
Wallpaper is included HoneyComb Glowy Hex
You can have your wallpaper run automatic changing every 10 sec or higher or just leave it stuck as it is
The HoneyComb clock is include, along with the all the wallpaper and the Power Widget you see on the screen there is room for the music play too. Not shown
Android Manager and Android Optimizer along with aCCleaner or Cachmate you got some good arsenal power rooted tools to make this tablet stand out more and perform better.

Hi Tiptir,

I have read alot of the post from different sits (ATZ,KTZ) on your support of Coby Kyros. I have a a couple of questions for you..

1. This is an updated verison of the power package on page 1 of this thread, correct?

2. You will be rolling out a update which improves on current power package, correct?

3. I have rooted and flash Recover.img, and add gapps.. so I'm not a total newbie, but not an addvance user by any means of the word. Just enough, to make me a threat to my kyros 7015. Can you guid me in the correct directions/way of going from Android 2.1 (currently, with rooted), to 2.2 or 2.3.. or maybe 3.0 with Honeycomb.. is that even possible..

I will download this Power 282 package once know this is replacement o the one on page 1. Thanks again for all your hard work on Coby Kyros 7015.

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
Hi

Did you see these guides at the KTZ forums?

2.3.1 guide
2.3.3 guide

I followed them and got my Kyros to use Android 2.3.3.

I had some problems by not following the directions exactly though, so itd be a good idea to read through the threads before you do anything.

Btw, in case you dont know, to get into FWDN, you need to turn your tablet on by holding the power and home buttons until the FWDN message appears. On the guides tipstir says to hold the menu + silver orb button, but that doesnt seem to work.

Good luck buddy!