honeycomb parts for coby kyros (tweaks, wallpaper, power rooted apps)

SkyDagon8

Sep 26, 2011
Hi

Did you see these guides at the KTZ forums?

2.3.1 guide
2.3.3 guide

I followed them and got my Kyros to use Android 2.3.3.

I had some problems by not following the directions exactly though, so itd be a good idea to read through the threads before you do anything.

Btw, in case you dont know, to get into FWDN, you need to turn your tablet on by holding the power and home buttons until the FWDN message appears. On the guides tipstir says to hold the menu + silver orb button, but that doesnt seem to work.

Good luck buddy!

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right directions.. Now I have more questions..

I have Ro0ted my 7015 and have Clockwork Recovery on it already with Tipstir's HC ROM for 2.1.. Will this still work? Do I have to somehow revert to Stock,and how?

:confused:

Thanks again...

Asgard

Sep 22, 2011
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right directions.. Now I have more questions..

I have Ro0ted my 7015 and have Clockwork Recovery on it already with Tipstir's HC ROM for 2.1.. Will this still work? Do I have to somehow revert to Stock,and how?

:confused:

Thanks again...
Hmm...Im not sure if you need to revert to factory settings before upgrading. Make a backup with Clockworkmod and then try upgrading your tablet to 2.3.1. If it works then cool. If not you could always restore the backup with Clockworkmod.

Here's a thread where some members give directions to restore your tablet to factory settings.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...8697-factory-restore-coby-tablet-mid7015.html

They go into detail in how to remove Clockworkmod so that your tablet is TRULY what it was like before rooting, but you dont seem to need that.

Good luck!