Honeycomb update killed my brothers tablet.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
So today my brother decides he's going to do the Honeycomb update, it downloads, restarts and is not stuck on the V boot page. Has been there for over an hour.
Is there a way to boot the tablet in to a restore mode and factory reset it to Gingerbread again?

Last edited:

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Hold down both volume buttons and power button til bevel buttons light up, then release power button, but continue to hold both volume buttons til blue triangle appears. Next press home key follow on screen instructions to navigate and select reset.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Thanks, my post was a little early though.
It was an hour after update aprox that I made the post, my brother just plugged the tablet power back in and let it run, after more than 5 hours it finished the install.
So it took over 6 hours total for the Vizio to install the Honeycomb update. WOW!! If that is just not right.
Anyway, as is expected, things are different and it broke some of the links (though if he goes in to the app menue the links work fine) so he's going to have to drag the old ones off the desk top and make new ones, but otherwise it works. He said it takes much longer for the tablet to load.

Thanks again for those instructions, I'm gong to keep this page bookmarked just in case.

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Glad things worked out! My HC update took only a few minutes wonder if it was a WiFi issue.

Jim

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
No the update downloaded fairly quickly, it installed it and then shut off, when it came back on it sat on the V screen that you see first off when the tablet starts to boot/load and it stayed there for over 6 hours, then the desktop finally loaded. He had to plug the tablet back in to keep it powered up while all this was going on. Thought it was bricked after the first hour.