Honeycomb

nbaptista

Nov 30, 2011
Hello,
I have the chance to buy a Dell Streak 7" Wi Fi but it comes with Android 2.2. From Dell site I can see that Honeycomb is available to Streak WiFi, so I can upgrade the software to Honeycomb? It is easy or hard to install the update?Sorry, guys, I don´t have experience with Android, only Linux and Windows ! :D

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
http://en.community.dell.com/dell-blogs/direct2dell/b/direct2dell/archive/2011/10/07/android-3-2-honeycomb-update-to-dell-streak-7.aspx

Over the past few months, we’ve heard a lot of Streak 7 owners on twitter like Kevin McLeman who have been asking about future upgrades for their Streaks to support Android Honeycomb. Recently, you may have seen details published on sites likeStreak Smart and Tablets Planet discussing this as well.This week, Dell officially began rolling out the Google Honeycomb 3.2 update for the Streak 7 tablet. Here is the breakdown of the models that we will receive the update:Streak 7 Tablet + Google’s Android 3.2 = Honeycomb OS optimized for 7-inch tabletsWe will support the Honeycomb upgrade via an over-the-air (OTA) update for the following:
  • Customers with unlocked Streak 7 units
  • Customers with Wi-Fi only Streak 7 unit

For US customers, call the Dell Mobility Queue at 1-800-308-3355, select Technical Support from the menu and enter your Mobile Device Express Service Code. In the UK, call 0844 444 3244. In France, appelez le 09 69 39 00 31. In Germany, telefon 069 979 2 3840.
You can also utilize the Dell Community Forum - Mobile Devices board]Sign In to Your Dell My Account to engage other Streak owners who may have tips or solutions for specific questions or issues.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
You click on "Update" it downloads it, then you reboot, pressing Volume+ and Power, then select "install from update.pkg" ,done...

nbaptista

Nov 30, 2011
it is an update, don´t need to format ? I´m affraid loosing the Android software!

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
Hello,
I have the chance to buy a Dell Streak 7" Wi Fi but it comes with Android 2.2. From Dell site I can see that Honeycomb is available to Streak WiFi, so I can upgrade the software to Honeycomb? It is easy or hard to install the update?Sorry, guys, I don´t have experience with Android, only Linux and Windows ! :D

Well it is kind of simple actually, just click on "Update" you will find on downloads, then reboot it, then select "install from update.pkg" after pressing Volume+ and Power and then it is done. I hope you will not find any problem.