Honeycream to Alpha 2

justdrooit

Apr 21, 2011
I had a bit of a struggle getting 3.0 on and wound up with the infamous reboot loop. It eventually came up after a couple more install attempts over top of what was there.

3.0 wasn't my cup of tea. I kept having T9 keyboard errors making the tablet useless without plugging in a physical keyboard. Then I noticed today on xda that 3.1 was out. I simply copied that over, wiped the system in CWM, and it installed without a hitch. You have to remember to reboot soon after the first time it comes up, then it's fine. No keyboard problems. Only thing I really want now is Flash to work. Everything else seems to work well. (I don't use the webcam)

Really liking the progress. It's coming along beautifully! Cheers!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So i have pretty much everything working on 3.1...EXCEPT...cannot connect to the office WiFi network. Connects to my home and cell tether which both run authentication...so not sure what the deal is.

Other than that, THIS is why I bought the darn tablet, finally! Roebeet is DA MAN!

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Fixing to download 3.2. Peter, I have the same issue with our wireless network. Are you using 802.1x EAP? We also have guest wifi access. Which requires logon through a web gui to gain access. And since I admin that box....I have internet access at work. ;) My boss has a Zoom which we are testing (for a laptop posible replacement) and he cannot access since upgrading to android 3.1. I have two co-workers running Vegan-tab 7.0.0 and are having no issues. When I get a chance I am going to get with my Enterprise folks.....I will let you know if any settings changes/tweeks need to be made.

Last edited:

StephenC

Jan 17, 2011
Well I have moved back to Vegan-TAB RC1 for now. I really loved the look and feel of HC but a lot things I need just don't work yet. And maybe never :(. Still hoping for the OpenGL issue to be solved. As well the EAP issue too. Anyway it was fun and I learned a lot.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
So i have pretty much everything working on 3.1...EXCEPT...cannot connect to the office WiFi network. Connects to my home and cell tether which both run authentication...so not sure what the deal is.

Other than that, THIS is why I bought the darn tablet, finally! Roebeet is DA MAN!

You got flash to work? If so what version are you running? I'm tinkering around with 2.4 now.

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

mus

Mar 7, 2011
Keep us updated!
I am running the Vegan Ginger on my right now and love it but do want to move over to HC when it is ready.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Keep us updated!
I am running the Vegan Ginger on my right now and love it but do want to move over to HC when it is ready.

The devs are still working hard on this...can't wait for the next release!

Sent from my Droid using Android Tablet Forum

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Oh my! This is fantastic. I broke down today and loaded honey and wow. Took me a couple of hours and soft-bricked once. Really important to wipe everything out when going from 1.1 to 1.2, but really not bad and the ui and speed is really great. Only issue so far is pulse doesn't work - articles are just blank. Otherwise this is great.

Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Excellent, another believer! :) The issue with pulse, as I understand it is that since OpenGL isn't working (graphics library) there are some apps that break. Originally applied to gmail too, but that got a temporary fix. In the case of gmail, the text WAS there, it was just shaded as white-on-white so it looks invisible. I wonder if that's true with pulse too?

-Matt

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
I don't know, but I'm loving this rom. The wifi issue is easy enough to work around by disabling it before putting the tablet to sleep. Other than that its been pretty solid.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
I tried 3 of the 1.1 and found them good, but this is what a tablet should feel like.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have replaced Pulse, which I love and paid for with Feedly, which I now love more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Hey gang,
Anyone run into problems with skyfire after loading bottle of smoke? I've been digging around here and at slatedroid and haven't seen any reports of issues. My skyfire doesn't show the page. When I open the multipage tabs, the page is visible there. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the browser from the app market. I also saw on skyfire.com that 3.0 is not officially supported. I thought this might be a white on white situation like the early gmail issues, but i dont have any idea how to fix it. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Opera is working for me, just thinking I may get better web page loads with skyfire. Read that skyfire converts flash to something viewable, could be mistaken.