How about the Pocketbook IQ 701?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
No Idea, This is a Ukrainian company not US and could be anything. The majority of units made are Chinese based. This could be a rebranded M701 but not sure.

judet

Jan 28, 2011
Hi - I realize you originally posted back early December, but I've only just joined this forum.
I have a PocketBook IQ 701 - it may well be a Ukrainian Tablet, but it is definitely made in China.
Nice unit in every aspect!
I wanted it first as a reader and second for the net etc.
I must say, it is a great reader/tablet. I'm more than happy with it.
I also have a Sony PRS-600. Compared, well it's like apples and oranges really. But as a reader, black/gray against black/white. Nice change.

Rex

Feb 5, 2011
Try looking up PocketBook IQ on Amazon. I googled video reviews as well. ebookreader.com also did a review on them. We got the red one's just for kicks.

sontag1

Apr 13, 2011
I know this post is a little old, but I wanted to give some updated information. I bought my PB IQ a few weeks ago at: Main for about 154$ (that included shipping). It my first android device and I am just starting to get the tablet where I want it. You will have to jump through some hoops to be able to access the Market. I have been able to find the apps I wanted from other sources. It is my first reader, and I am really enjoying using it as a reader. It will not replace a laptop, but I do use the Opera Mini browser sometimes. I am very pleased with the Pocketbook IQ 701. For the price, it is tough to beat.

frivlus

Oct 28, 2010
Much like the previous writers, I know I am a bit late on responding but perhaps someone else has the same question and will come by seeking a similar answer.

I purchased one last year 2010 for my girlfriend as a gift. originally, it was very buggy and quickly became an expensive paperwieght; she preferred the stability of her android based phone as an ereader compared to the IQ 701. However, pocketbook has provided a few fixes and OS upgrade over the last year and the tablet has become very stable.

My daughter loves it for FB and Youtube, as well as the Opera Browser. The ereader apps are good enough and we have grown pretty fond of it in the last couple months.

I have a flytouch I and an iPad and while it does compare to my iPad for I all use it for, it does work for minor websurfing, email, FB, YT, reading books and keeping teens occupied.

If you do get one, ensure you immediately go to the vendor website and update the F/W or you may become frustrated very quickly!

I haven't rooted it or anything since everyone is pleased with how it functions at this time.

Pros: Software updates as easy to install. Very sturdy. FB,YT, and Opera web browser. Lots of features; still fits easily in a large purse. Supports OverDrive used by public library systems. The largest range of file formats supported Ive seen to date.
Cons: Because its case is metal, its a bit heavier than others; but that also is a plus as its not flimsy like most of its peers. Vendor is slow with software updates.

frivlus

Oct 28, 2010
Yeah's its some Russian based firm. They seem to have a decent user base in Europe. Several website have given the IQ 701 great reviews as have my family. particularly my teen daughter and her mother. I was suspect about the device given its sold by Russians and built by Chinese; but I took a chance and relied n the many positive US based reviews. Glad I did.