How are you backing up the A500?

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
You got your tablet just the way you want it with the right apps, data bases, etc. How are you backing up the tablet so all your hard work isn't lost? You are backing it up aren't you!!!

Options:

1. Connect your tablet to a PC and backup the tablet like it was a drive on the PC?
PROS and CONS anyone?

2. Use a backup program from the apps market? Which one do you you?

3. Something else that I haven't thought about....

Any comments, suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated by all.

Ken

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
There are also different levels of backup, from backing up data, data and user apps, data and user and system apps, settings, and full backups via something like Clockwork (I know the devs over at XDA are currently working on build of Clockwork for the Iconia).

spexwood

May 11, 2011
I have been hit by Android 3's "low on space" bug twice now, so I am definitely backing up about every few days.

First, do NOT use MyBackup Pro. It will backup, but not restore. I use this on my Android 2.1 phone, so I already had payed for it on the Market. After the second occurrence of the "low on space" bug, I was POd to find that nothing would restore.

Try TitaniumBackup (root required). It works (tested backup and restore myself) and is said to work on 3.0 and 3.1. Be sure to use an external hard drive or thumb drive and make the backups there. If you ever need to restore the backups, just reroot your tablet and reinstall TitaniumBackup, then do the restoration. Your tablet will be just like it was before any problems occurred.