How Badly Do You Want a New Google Nexus 7 Tablet? Find Them on eBay Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
nexus7-ebay.png

One of the most exciting things to happen to Android in quite a while is undoubtedly their new Asus-made Nexus 7 tablets with Android 4.1/Jelly Bean. It's one of the most powerful Android tablets you can get (with a Tegra 3 quad-core CPU and a 12-core GPU), yet it also happens to be one of the cheapest at only $199.99. Obviously, there are a lot of folks eagerly and anxiously awaiting the release of the device later this month. However, some of us just must scratch that "instant gratification itch" and can't wait to get one.

Luckily there were quite a few devs and journalists that made it to Google I/O 2012 this year, and they were each graced with a shiny new special edition Google Nexus 7 device. Now, some of them have put those up for sale on eBay. The question is... how badly do you want one? Regardless of it being a special edition version, some of them are going for as much as double (or more) the regular retail price of the tablet. How much would you pay to get your hands on one of these? What is your level of patience worth? The above pic is just one amount that someone was willing to bid on one of these limited edition Nexus 7 tablets.

Here's a link to eBay just in case you simply can't wait anymore...

Source: NexusTablets.net via eBay

Giesela

Jul 5, 2012
A novice here....my impression is that these do not have 3G or any type of cellular connectivity is that correct?

Natey2

May 25, 2012
A novice here....my impression is that these do not have 3G or any type of cellular connectivity is that correct?

You are correct. No micro-SD slot too :(

Any time a device includes cellular hardware, the Goombas (i.e. Cellular Carriers) will muscle in and:
A. Charge an exorbitant price for the device, or
B. Force you into signing a service contract.

See http://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_8gb for device details.

But one should be able to use Google Voice + GrooVe IP app + WiFi to make/receive phone calls, like I do on my WiFi-only tablet.