How Big (In Pixels) is the VTAB Display Screen?

TriplerSDMB

Dec 25, 2011
Howdy!

I make "opener pages" for all of the desktops/laptops I use, that have my most often visited links; it's just an easy, quick page showing a majority of my bookmarks in one screen--easier for me to pick and choose that way than to go to Faorites > Section > link. I do it graphically, and use MS Publisher.

How wide/tall is te VTAB sreen in pixels?

- Rob

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Rob, the screen resolution is 1024 x 768, which is the pixel count.

JP

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
Hi Rob, the screen resolution is 1024 x 768, which is the pixel count.

But if the person is using Honeycomb on their VTAB1008 you have to subtract 73 pixels for the on screen buttons so that makes it 1024-73 x 768 or 1024 x 768-73 depending on how you are holding it.

BTW I am looking forward to converting this vtab1008 back to gingerbread after I make youtube videos of the Honeycomb that Vizio put on it.

Sent from my HC (2.0) VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
But if the person is using Honeycomb on their VTAB1008 you have to subtract 73 pixels for the on screen buttons so that makes it 1024-73 x 768 or 1024 x 768-73 depending on how you are holding it.

BTW I am looking forward to converting this vtab1008 back to gingerbread after I make youtube videos of the Honeycomb that Vizio put on it.

Sent from my HC (2.0) VTAB1008 using Android Tablet

You don't really subtract anything, the amount of pixels is still the same it is just that some of them are being used to display buttons and a status bar. The pixels on the device don't change though ;)

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
You don't really subtract anything, the amount of pixels is still the same it is just that some of them are being used to display buttons and a status bar. The pixels on the device don't change though ;)

If you used Pocketcloud Remote Desktop you would notice that you lose the area of the screen used for the on-screen buttons for good. See the following screen capture and notice what the available screen resolution is:

$shot_000009.png

FYI before the update I was able to use 1024x768.

I am still looking forward to reverting this back to the way it was but first I want to completely document what was lost to the so called update.

Last edited:

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
I create web sites and themes for some forums systems, and I found that in My Vizio, most all sites look great, however smart phones are another issue, to research web design for this, you will need to search fro responsive web design ...Dealing with HTML5 and CSS3 ...this is the near future, and already in use by many..I've been working with CSS3 and HTMl 5 for a while, mainly the Css3 and this stuff is so much fun to work with, and many images can be replaced using this... But not all browsers are up to par yet, but they are getting there.

The responsive design moves things around shifting some content and picture to the bottom of the screen, while resizing picture and image to fit, in those tiny devices some images are too large, then the responsive design will come into play!
Web design is a a new world now and is moving fast! It does require some reading and experimenting! search for "responsive web design"!

regards,
Maxx

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It is definitely a bummer to lose useabe pixels when Vizio built in such nice capacitive buttons on two edges of the device :(