How can i access my shared folders on my home network via my color nook?

tocoty

Jan 4, 2011
title pretty well says it all.

i also have an archos 70 internet tablet and it has a "files" setting that has a click option for me to view shared network files ... very handy !!

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Yes, but not very easily.

It depends on the base configuration of your tablet

You need to have root access to install and load a kernel module called cifs.ko

Then you can install cifs manager from the market and finally set up access to your win share

Pete, on the move...

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
title pretty well says it all.

i also have an archos 70 internet tablet and it has a "files" setting that has a click option for me to view shared network files ... very handy !!

Try this File Explorer or in the market. After you install it there is a small button on the top left that will let you access any shared libraries on your network. It is amazing, also for PC to NC file transfer try Samba fileshare, also see this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...or-sd-card-over-wifi.html?highlight=nook+wifi

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I use Astro File Manager and their SMB add-on App. You have to map the network, but that is pretty easy.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
A%20Clockwork%20Orange%20006.jpg

Your Welcome.

Cheers.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Do you have a pic response library? Or do you just google search each time?
I have a large well stocked repository of images that I have found on the web. I am an amateur photographer myself, my brother is a photographer. I am fascinated with images, film etc. Kubrick happens to be my favorite film maker and thanks to some of the blogs I follow I have several amazing stills from his films. Not to wax philosophic but I read article about another well known tablet device that described it as something to be "curated". I didn't understand what he meant until I got my NC. It really lends itself to not only immediate feedback from the web but also the depth and breadth of a personal library, a multi-media journal as it were. That has brought my specific collection of media into rather bright focus.
Photographs in particular as video is as yet hobbled. Just wait until I can share video clips.
best-shot-stanley-kubrick-001.jpg

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Yes, but not very easily.

It depends on the base configuration of your tablet

You need to have root access to install and load a kernel module called cifs.ko

Then you can install cifs manager from the market and finally set up access to your win share

Pete, on the move...

Nah, ES File Explorer does it with one click.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I have a large well stocked repository of images that I have found on the web. I am an amateur photographer myself, my brother is a photographer. I am fascinated with images, film etc. Kubrick happens to be my favorite film maker and thanks to some of the blogs I follow I have several amazing stills from his films. Not to wax philosophic but I read article about another well known tablet device that described it as something to be "curated". I didn't understand what he meant until I got my NC. It really lends itself to not only immediate feedback from the web but also the depth and breadth of a personal library, a multi-media journal as it were. That has brought my specific collection of media into rather bright focus.
Photographs in particular as video is as yet hobbled. Just wait until I can share video clips.
best-shot-stanley-kubrick-001.jpg
Sweet, I am an amateur photog as well, took a few years of classes back in high school and just got my first dslr just before getting my nook, and the nook has successfully derailed all my planned photo playdates with coding/flashing playdates.
Nah, ES File Explorer does it with one click.
Aye, ES for the win.