how can i do a hard reset on my coby kyros mid7120?

Jan 22, 2012
I have a coby kyros mid 7120 and I tried to install the Android Market using daprospecta's video on Youtube. When I get to "Complete action using..." I selected Setup Wizard (and checked default!) instead of Launcher. Now it keeps saying "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpecedly. Please try again." I hit force close and it keeps doing this over and over again. The reset button hole on the side only shut it down and brought me right back to force close. Please help. Any way to do a physical reset and make it like it came out of the box?

wiredog2k3

Jan 28, 2012
You will need fastboot and adb on your computer and you would have checked the box on your kyros for usb debugging. First power down your device and connect it to your computer. ok now power on your device and when the coby logo pop up hold down the silver middle button until coby disapper and your screen should stay black and blank now open up the command line and fastboot and type in fastboot -w this will factory reset your device your screen should still be blank after that then you will type in the command line adb reboot-bootloader and it should restart your device and you should be back to factory settings. let me know if this helped any.

Jan 22, 2012
I am just now able to check this. What is adb? Is the fastboot and adb free or at least cheap? Do I just google them or how do I find them?

yessy4024

Jul 13, 2012
help have same problem i don't know much of computers or fasboot or comman line please help Yesenia. thanks in advance

lalolin

May 19, 2013
I have a coby kyros MID7120,and I forgot the password to open the screen ,can any body help???