How Can I Restore Tablet to Its Original State?

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
Trying to install whatsApp to the tablet I installed the Allwinwer Mod app as per instructions on a forum, this resulted on to the tablet notworking correctly as apparently it was acting like a mobile phone, I uninstalled but this did not solve the problem so I have to install once more to use the app to change the device to be a tablet again. under model number cube does no appear anymore but Allwinner A10, this would not bother me much if it was not because the tablet set up is now different, I have to change on settings the front size to huge to be able to see the text, it does act funny when changing between apps and it is not as fast as it was when showed cube. Can anyone tell me how to go get my cube tablet back? Thanks

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
I did it twice all ready, once when I did not know what was going on and then again after figuring all out, no luck.

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
What you need to do is known as a "Factory Data Reset".

Should be settings, probably under "Backup and Reset" if your Settings menu offers that option. Your user manual should have the info also.

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
What you need to do is known as a "Factory Data Reset".

Should be settings, probably under "Backup and Reset" if your Settings menu offers that option. Your user manual should have the info also.

Hey guys, reseted for 3rd time and nothing, the tablet still says Allwiner. Any other ideas? Thank you.

t.anderson

Dec 20, 2012
-> Go to Home > Menu > Settings > Privacy.

-> Press Factory data reset.

-> Press Reset phone/Reset tablet.

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
factory reset does not work guys. The -cube- name has disappeared from the tablet number on settings and seems like the- Allwiner -is there to stay, this really would no bother me much if it wasn't because the tablet is not as sharp as it used to be. Any other thoughts?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
factory reset does not work guys. The -cube- name has disappeared from the tablet number on settings and seems like the- Allwiner -is there to stay, this really would no bother me much if it wasn't because the tablet is not as sharp as it used to be. Any other thoughts?

that is just build.prop use es file manager as root, open and edit the build.pro, remove the word allwinner and add anything you want.

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
Downloaded es file manager app but Ido not seem to see or find build.pro file ( sure it is because I do not know where to look)...help...please

Last edited:

Luix

Nov 11, 2012
Thank you very very much,you are a star. I still wondering how can the tablet changed settings such size to something that I never saw before( really need to have on -huge- to have a decent apps sizes on screen and it still is small) and why still is not as sharp as before though.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thank you very very much,you are a star. I still wondering how can the tablet changed settings such size to something that I never saw before( really need to have on -huge- to have a decent apps sizes on screen and it still is small) and why still is not as sharp as before though.

on the build.prop you will see this line ro.sf.lcd_density=

it has a number changing that number changes the size, if you know what the default number is use that number, if not look and see what it is if 120 change to 160, that is just an example cause i don't know what size you have.

my 9 in number is ro.sf.lcd_density=240

My 7 inch ro.sf.lcd_density=120

my 8 inch ro.sf.lcd_density=160

use base numbers first

120 140 160 200 240 and so on til you find one you like.

There is also an app use can use to make the settings if you don't want to manually do them.

Just be real careful changing these numbers, the tablet can become unbootable, if wrong numbers are used.

LCD Density Modder

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...wsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaXJkYXBpLmFuZHJvaWQuZHBpIl0.

Last edited: