How can I sync my apps to the to the sd card?

brainfever19

Feb 23, 2011
Hi guys I noticed that every time I open my apps (e.g rockplayer), the sd card is not available. So what I do is I copy the movie to the internal memory first before I can watch a movie.

I hope you guys can help = )

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Forgive these somewhat obvious questions but I can only go on what little information you've provided in your post.

First - You DO have a microSD card installed, correct?

Second - if above answer is yes - you HAVE successfully transferred movies or other multimedia files to a directory (or directories) on the SD card?

Third - If yes, then have you rebooted the device at least once since you installed the SD card (this enables the device to see and read from the card)?

Fourth - If yes, then you need to either use an on-device file explorer on your device to navigate to the SD card (this will let you know that your device is now seeing the SD card) and select the desired folder and files. If they are movie files then when you select the files using the file explorer then it will usually give you the choice of one or more apps to use to open and play the selected file.

Alternatively, you can use the app's (e.g., rockplayer) setting to explore the desired directory on your SD card or set the default directory. Remember, on the S7 since it has an internal "SD" card (the 8GB of internal memory) you need to select the right SD card - for the S7 using a file explorer, "SDCARD" is the internal memory and "SDCARD2" is your external microSD card.

Hope this helps at least get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.

brainfever19

Feb 23, 2011
Thanks vferrari,

Can you suggest any "on-device file explorer" app that I could use?

When I'm trying to set the default location it shows me a /sdcard what location should I put in there?

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks vferrari,

Can you suggest any "on-device file explorer" app that I could use?

When I'm trying to set the default location it shows me a /sdcard what location should I put in there?

You can use Astro as a file explorer.

/sdcard2 is the path of the user-removable card (at least it is on mine)

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
there are two models of S7 one with internal "sdcard" and the other without it
the one with and internal "sdcard" the external one put on the socket is called: sdcard2 (most model :105 check under the battery)
the one without an internal "sdcard" the external one put on the socket is called: sdcard (most model :104 check under the battery)
(i used sdcard with quotes cos we dont really know if it is sdcard or some other kind of memory)

on the market get Astro is one of the best file explorers