how can install a pc softwear program on my tablet??

icecream82

Sep 29, 2011
hello i need some serious help!!
I need to know if there is a way to install a program that runs only on windows pc.. i actually need it for work. Can someone please help? here is a brief discription of my tablet.
  • 10.2" TFT LCD with resistance screen touch
  • Infortm X210 ARM11,1 GHz
  • This protective cover is multi-functional and lets you type just as you would with your laptop/netbook
  • 10.2" LCD with resistance screen touch
  • 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
  • Ultra Smooth Surface: Enhance the experience and utilization of touch screen and stylus fe
  • Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11b/g network supported / With RJ-45 connector for Ethernet/ADSL
  • 3D UI effect, Support external 3G USB-Dongle Wireless Adapter
  • 512MB DDR2 Memory, 8.0GB Flash Hard Drive
  • Google Andriod OS 2.2 Froyo
  • Support flash player up to version 10.1 :)

if someone who is waaaay smarter knows how to do this please let me know... by the way im new to this site... thank you very much

Last edited:

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Depends on what you want - there is no way a window program will work in linux - at least not yet - there maybe "alternatives" to what you want - like IBM Sametime IM for my corporate is QUIPIM, a program in the Market..... etc..... what are you looking for? if i know i can try to help. Otherwise try to Google it (ex. "Sametime for Android" to find QuipIM)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sorry, you can't install a Windows program on an Android tablet.

icecream82

Sep 29, 2011
haha to be honest lded21 i have no idea what you just said.. I'm sorry don't mean to be to blunt.
but here is a brief example on the program i want to install on my tablet.

Hardware Requirements
Minimal Recommended
Computer IntelÆ Pentium III or equivalent IntelÆ Pentium IV or later
Processor
Speed
850 MHz or higher 1 GHz or higher
Windows 2000, XP: 256 MB or more Windows 2000,
XP:
Memory (RAM) 512 MB or more
Windows Vista 512 MB or more Windows Vista 1 GB
Hard disk
space
100 to 150 MB of available hard disk space for a typical installation of illustration
components.
250 to 350 MB for full Life Portraits ES installation, including e-apps and Financial
Advisors.
Monitor VGA or higher resolution
800x600 or higher resolution required
Pointing device Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing devic
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/members/lded21.html

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
haha to be honest lded21 i have no idea what you just said.. I'm sorry don't mean to be to blunt.
but here is a brief example on the program i want to install on my tablet.

Hardware Requirements
Minimal Recommended
Computer IntelÆ Pentium III or equivalent IntelÆ Pentium IV or later
Processor
Speed
850 MHz or higher 1 GHz or higher
Windows 2000, XP: 256 MB or more Windows 2000,
XP:
Memory (RAM) 512 MB or more
Windows Vista 512 MB or more Windows Vista 1 GB
Hard disk
space
100 to 150 MB of available hard disk space for a typical installation of illustration
components.
250 to 350 MB for full Life Portraits ES installation, including e-apps and Financial
Advisors.
Monitor VGA or higher resolution
800x600 or higher resolution required
Pointing device Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing devic

No way to run any such program on your tablet.
You do not have the required processor.
You do not quite have the minimum processor speed.
You don't have the hard drive space.

You will need a different tablet, one that runs Windoze, and has a big hard drive.

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
If it's possible to have the program available on a PC, and that PC turned on and logged in to the internet, you could actually access the program remotely through Teamviewer. I have a Teamviewer account, and as long as my PC is running (and has a Teamviewer connection by default) I can use the Android Teamviewer app on the tablet to view and manipulate the PC - open & close programs, run them, etc. Interaction is, of course pretty slow (slowness of the tablet plus the wifi and internet connections.)

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
No way to run any such program on your tablet.
You do not have the required processor.
You do not quite have the minimum processor speed.
You don't have the hard drive space.

You will need a different tablet, one that runs Windoze, and has a big hard drive.

Helps to have specific info about program, thats why you got generic resposes. Try using splashdesktop(or other vpn software) you can remote into your computer and run it..... That may work

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Most Windoze programs run slow enough already on Windoze, on this tablet you would have to wait for ever for anything to happen, I liked the idea of the tablet when I got it, but its just too slow to do anything serious on.