How can use a thumb drive in Android 4.4.2?

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I bought an inexpensive XGody 9 inch tablet to use in research on the web. It came with only .5 gb of internal storage that gets used up fast, slowing the tablet. It does allow me to connect a thumb drive. I can read files from it, but I don't have enough memory to load a decent text reader. I can't figure out how to save files to the USB thumb drive either. Is it possible to do something or should I buy a better tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I think you need to get a tablet with more storage. If not, you're fighting a losing battle. The thumb drive would/could be used for data but that doesn't help if you can't install apps to make use of them. Even my phone is using 16GB of space. I can imagine using a tablet with only 512MB of internal storage.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I think you need to get a tablet with more storage. If not, you're fighting a losing battle. The thumb drive would/could be used for data but that doesn't help if you can't install apps to make use of them. Even my phone is using 16GB of space. I can imagine using a tablet with only 512MB of internal storage.
Thanks Lee. I just bought an irulu with 16 gig.