How do I access or open the micro sd card?

kkay_P

Sep 18, 2013
I'm a total newbie. I like to refer to myself as "technology illiterate". I asked my son to get me a kindle e-reader for Christmas. About 6 weeks later this is what I got. I am not complaining at all. It's just that I wanted basically a reader. Like I said, " I am a complete tech dummy and it is going to take me a while to learn how to use this tablet which is a Jelly Bean v4.2.1. I have put(uploaded/downloaded,not sure of the correct terminology) some ebooks (which are in the form of PDF's) on my micro sd card. I cannot figure out how to access/open them. The reading apps that I have are "Kindle" and "Adobe Reader". Should I be using some other app? In anything I have read lately, it says that my toolbar should be at the top of the screen but, mine is at the bottom. There is no icon showing an sd card. It is listed in the settings app though. Under "Settings", it says three things about the card: 1) the available space left: 2) total space; and 3) asks if I want to delete it. I can't think of anything else you might need to know in order to help me.

• :confused:

Also ever since I got this tablet, I have been looking all over the internet for a user's guide or owner's manual. I have not been able to find one. If anyone knows where I can download a copy, please let me know.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
"Kindle" and "Adobe Reader"[/B]. Should I be using some other app?

Aldiko Reader works for me. It is available at the Playstore. Once you launch the program, you will see a files folder. Tap the folder, and you can browse your sd card for the files you put there. Once you find the file you want, aldiko lets you import the file to aldiko, so it will be there next time. Good luck.

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
What is the manufacturer and model number of the tablet? This information is needed to assist you in obtaining a User's Manual.
Jelly Bean 4.2.1 is the android operating system.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
You can also get Kindle for Adobe which acts exactly like a Kindle reader. You can read PDF as well as Kindle books and e-mail contents to your Kindle spftware.