How do I fix a broken Market?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Shortyred, those are the CM7 directions. You need to go to NookColor Tools (in the app drawer) and then check the box that says Allow Non-Market Apps. You also might need to clear your Market cache Titanium Backup>Market>Wipe date and Titanium Backup>Google services framework>Wipe data. Start with those and see it that helps.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Hey I just noticed when I went to titanium backup my system rom is 461mb, and internal is 987mb, thats not right what happened to my 5 gig and 1 gig???

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Hi Shortyred, those are the CM7 directions. You need to go to NookColor Tools (in the app drawer) and then check the box that says Allow Non-Market Apps. You also might need to clear your Market cache Titanium Backup>Market>Wipe date and Titanium Backup>Google services framework>Wipe data. Start with those and see it that helps.

That worked from titanium backup!!

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
But I still get the your device not compatible message. I know it comes from the resolution but does it have to do with your device profile on google? The program will show in appbrain but not in the market app.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
But I still get the your device not compatible message. I know it comes from the resolution but does it have to do with your device profile on google? The program will show in appbrain but not in the market app.

As patruns said, the lcd density could be an issue but I thought you had posted you have tried that. The other thing is you may have to uncheck the sync Google account and recheck it. I don't recall at the moment where that is located on a rooted Nook. Look around uncheck sync google account (may need to reboot) then recheck it. If it still ins't working you may need to wipe the data again after the uncheck/check sync issue.

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
Yea now I keep getting the sync error. Going to try and find that sync button. Question how many devices should you have on the android market? I have 3 nooks and my phone on there.

Sent from my NOOKcolor using Tapatalk

Happy2Hack

Dec 31, 2011
Hello,

I rooted my new Nook Color version 1.2 by following the instructions here (How to Root/Unlock Nook Color 1.2 Firmware & Install Market, Google Apps and NookColor Tools ? - No Auto Nooter Yet | Inspired Geek). I just bought the Nook on 12/29/11 and completed the rooting yesterday (ManualNooter-4.5.2). This results in easy access to the home screen and the nook experience but also the N button leads to an android background with many handy features already loaded (Zeam Launcher, Soft Keys, Market, etc etc etc.). They discuss that older version had market visibility issues, without market visibility there is no point in rooting right? I have tried a fix mentioned in their comments:
Market has limited visibility – This is a known tablet issue, not just a NOOKcolor one.Start Nook Color Tools.
Select the “All Settings” button.
Unplug your NOOKcolor from computer. (If Plugged in.)
Choose “Manage Applications” from the list.
Select the “All” tab.
Scroll down to “Market” and select it.
Tap “Force stop”.
Tap “Clear cache”.
Tap the Back button if you have SoftKeys running, else swipe right to left on the status bar at the bottom of the screen (from the clock to the book icon).
Scroll up to “Google Services Framework” and select it.
Tap “Clear data”.
Tap “OK”.
Tap “Force stop”.
Press the n button to return to your launcher.
Start Market.
At the “An error has occurred” message, tap “OK”.
Hold your power button to turn off your NOOK Color from the menu.
Turn your NOOK Color back on and give it a moment to find your WiFi connection.
Start Market again, and the problem is resolved.

No Joy! I open the market and I see a message "No matching content in Android Market." Now under the games tab there is a game or two and I can download what is visible but I see like a total of 15 apps. When i search the results will say somethign like 600 resuts but nothing will be displayed or one app unrelated to my actual search.

Do i need to wipe, redo everythign following the instructions on this form and fight to get it updated to where the (ManualNooter-4.5.2) already puts me? Please tell me there is a way to get this thing talking to the market.