How do I load content onto Nook Color -

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
I finally snapped up a N.C. - and am running it off Micro-SD card - with CM7 latest build. Did some basic exploring of the device - and it's pretty nice response- and awesome screen.

I'd like to load an Amazon app or 2 to the device - or side load some music & .pdf's to test out. But When I plug the device into my PC, < nook color turned on > I get an orange N lit up on plug - but it's not recognized by my PC as a drive.

How do I go about getting some content onto the NC - so I can test out its functionality

Edit: I'm getting a message that there's no device driver on my PC. Is there a download I can grab somewhere - or is this something I need to load up onto Nook software in order to do?

Thanks

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
There are a few ways. To get apps you can go to the Amazon app store or the Android Market. If you loaded GApps when you put CM7 on your card then you will have a Market app you can launch. To get the Amazon App store app you need to visit Amazon's web page on your bowser and then submit your email address. They will send you an email with a link to the app which will then install itself on your nook giving you the Amazon App Store app where you can download more apps. You'll also want to go into Settings>Applications>Check Unknown sources box.

To side load content you need to turn on USB debugging. There should be a message asking if you want to do this when you connect to your PC. Probably the best method though is to use wireless transfer. To do this you can use Dropbox or get Samaba from the Market.

JP

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
There are a few ways. To get apps you can go to the Amazon app store or the Android Market. If you loaded GApps when you put CM7 on your card then you will have a Market app you can launch.

Where / how would I install the Android Market onto my Card. I followed the Size Agnostic CM7 instructions from XDA-developers forum. Everything was automatic when I put the card into my NC device.

To get the Amazon App store app you need to visit Amazon's web page on your bowser and then submit your email address. They will send you an email with a link to the app which will then install itself on your nook giving you the Amazon App Store app where you can download more apps. You'll also want to go into Settings>Applications>Check Unknown sources box.

Figured out the Amazon App store - that was pretty easy

To side load content you need to turn on USB debugging. There should be a message asking if you want to do this when you connect to your PC. Probably the best method though is to use wireless transfer. To do this you can use Dropbox or get Samaba from the Market.

JP

Not sure what message I should be looking for < on NC device - or on PC >. I found this link online -

NookColor USB ADB - nookDevs

Is that the process you're referring to - in order to get my NC to be recognized by my PC < windows 7 - 64 bit >

Last edited: