How do I play videos?

tampashooters

Jul 28, 2011
I can't for the life of me play a video on my new A500?

I have tried Playon app and nothing..

I have tried movies on SD card in .avi format and nothing. I can see the file, but they won't open, just goes to a black screen

I tried crackle free movies app, and got audio only...

Is it that bad in 3.1 or is my A500 bad?

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I use MoboPlayer to play all my 1080p, 920p and HD movies and it also lets me stream movies from computers. Its free in the market try it out.

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

nathan179

Jul 25, 2011
I have had success with RockPlayerLite app as well as the player located within the ES File Explorer. I loaded .avi files onto the tablet in the "Movies" default folder, and when I select it I get 3 options on what to play it with (RockPlayer, ES Player, Video Player)

Hope that helps, good luck

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I use MoboPlayer to play all my 1080p, 920p and HD movies and it also lets me stream movies from computers. Its free in the market try it out.

Mobo is partially successful for me. It sometimes plays with no sound. There is an internal setting to use software decoding that seems to get around this most of the time. Its problematic if you ask me.

I've since switched to BuzzPlayer. Yeah, it costs a whopping $2.49 but it works.

These guys are based in Vietnam (for pete sake), and I suspect they may be playing fast and loose with patents because it plays everything. It also support moving files. You have to set the Media Root Folder to /mnt if you want to access content on external_sd or usb_storage.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Sounds good might just try it out. Remember this though (u can always find everything on the internet if u know what ur looking for) google is your friend. Take it from a very good researcher, all my apps i got free :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So you come here to brag about what a good thief you are, is that it?

Very impressive. Sooo cool.

tampashooters

Jul 28, 2011
Everything is working now. I had to do a system restore, and then everything started working. Kinda crazy.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Everything is working now. I had to do a system restore, and then everything started working. Kinda crazy.

Was probably an app u installed that conflicted... be carefull what u install and use